Well.......like many others, my name is fairly self-explanatory. I KNOW the CORRECT way to pronounce it is "COWS whitetail", but it just gets under my skin when I hear someone say "COWS whitetail"! So.....that explains the COOSE part and as many have already figured out over the last couple of years.....I am a "FAN" of the "COOSE"! JIM>

I guess mine is self-explanatory. Been doing it full-time now for the last 23 years and part-time for 16 years earlier.

And I've been lucky to get the same handle on most of the sites I have joined. -TONY

I guess mine is pretty easy to figure out also. I was lucky enough to take my desertsheep in 2000 and now have a Dall sheep hunt booked for Aug of this year. Now I dont how I'm going to that stone and rocky.

Well it's pretty self-explanatory but I am an AZ native and grew up hunting desert mulies. I was in my late 20's before I was introduced to Coues deer hunting done right by a buddy from work, azyoung, coyoung, and a whole camp of hard hunting crazies and I just new this was the best hunting in the world. I was trying different names that summed up how I felt about hunting these little grey ghosts and how I plot and plan about 9 months of the year to hunt them. Then I remembered a conversation with one of my uncles who I used to hunt mulies with and he said, You're a real Coues die-hard now, you don't even hunt mule-deer anymore. And as they say, the rest is history.

Lee

azyoung - Arizona native and my last name is Young and also spend a lot of time in Young AZ.

couesdiehard where you been?

azyoung

azyoung,

A combination of things have kept me away from the site. For one we have a new network for our computers at work so they watch everything we do now (Damned government workers!). Secondly I hunted the last 15 days of Dec without seeing anything bigger than small 3-points. Lastly, my darn computer is screwed up and I have been trying to make it right for month now. By the way Jeff, great picture of Riley and his latest deer on the other post. Did I post the photo of my wife and her muley? I don't remember. Anyway it is good to be back.

Lee

Well about the time I started visiting this site, I was at the Gym thinking how I was the Phattest foot and ankle surgeon in all of the vast metropolis of Silver City NM. Well it was early morning and I was working the back and bi's and I had my weight belt on good and tight and I strutted over to grab a 10 lb dumbbell to do one arm rows :blink: and happened to pass in front of the macho mirror(to watch your muscles get pumped as you work out), so I had to stop and bust some flex in the mirror and admire my full length spandex work out pants(padded in all the right areas) and then I realized that with my weight belt nice and tight like that around my finely honed abdominal keg(no six pack here guys!!), I looked like someone squeezing a marshmallow as tight as they could around the middle, or actually more like someone pinching dough while making rolls :huh: , Then I realized that I had earned the title of FATFOOTDOC what do you expect from a 238 lb 5ft 10 in doughboy!! So there you have it. AG

I have been scoping out this site almost every day for a while now, and I decided to finally chime in. My name is Jason Lewis, and I live in Silver City, New Mexico. I am a funeral Director. I started an art degree before I went to mortuary school. Well, I am back in college now to finish my art dergree, which leads me to my handle, "Foundry Man", I am a sculptor, and do wild life and western bronzes. WNMU has a good art program with a working bronze foundry. Thats why I'm in Silver. I was raised in Arizona, and I freaking love coues deer. I hope I can find some good spots over here in NM. My wife is from Safford, AZ, so we are there alot (too much :angry: ) But, at least I get to prowl around all the good tail' country over there. Anyway, that's me. JASON

Well about the time I started visiting this site, I was at the Gym thinking how I was the Phattest foot and ankle surgeon in all of the vast metropolis of Silver City NM. Well it was early morning and I was working the back and bi's and I had my weight belt on good and tight and I strutted over to grab a 10 lb dumbbell to do one arm rows :blink: and happened to pass in front of the macho mirror(to watch your muscles get pumped as you work out), so I had to stop and bust some flex in the mirror and admire my full length spandex work out pants(padded in all the right areas) and then I realized that with my weight belt nice and tight like that around my finely honed abdominal keg(no six pack here guys!!), I looked like someone squeezing a marshmallow as tight as they could around the middle, or actually more like someone pinching dough while making rolls :huh: , Then I realized that I had earned the title of FATFOOTDOC what do you expect from a 238 lb 5ft 10 in doughboy!! So there you have it. AG

I've always believed in the philosophy that if you can't laugh at yourself, then you've no right to laugh at others. After that post, feel free to fire away at the rest of us! ;)

Welcom aboard Jason.

I have been scoping out this site almost every day for a while now, and I decided to finally chime in. My name is Jason Lewis, and I live in Silver City, New Mexico. I am a funeral Director. I started an art degree before I went to mortuary school. Well, I am back in college now to finish my art dergree, which leads me to my handle, "Foundry Man", I am a sculptor, and do wild life and western bronzes. WNMU has a good art program with a working bronze foundry. Thats why I'm in Silver. I was raised in Arizona, and I freaking love coues deer. I hope I can find some good spots over here in NM. My wife is from Safford, AZ, so we are there alot (too much :angry: ) But, at least I get to prowl around all the good tail' country over there. Anyway, that's me. JASON

Welcome to the site Jason!

Thanks! Glad to be here. Scott, My father-in-law (who lives in Safford) works in Morenci, at the mine. Anyway, I guess it will be fun finding some country over here near Silver. Doesn't look like great glassing country though. We'll see.

I used to be muley because my heart was in killing big mulies with my bow back in the day,

now I'm HighCountryCoues, I live in Williams so I'm in the high country and I'm hooked on coues hunting, and this is a coues site, not what you guys call carp. I love Josh's story. Grong is it.