first buck grossed 84,net 82.... makes since to me.

.270, what about a .270wsm... i mean it starts with .270 and is just an improvement on it ;) (im gonna catch heck from lark for that!)

The .270 WSM is the only short magnum out there that offers any real improvement.

Never seen a deer that could tell the difference between 50 FPS. and 38foot pounds!!

I shoot a seven mag. But read the ballistic charts, If I were to buy a short mag. it looks like the .270 WSM is the only one with benefit over the others.

Somehow it did not surprise me that no one seemed surprised about lark's PC seating, eating arrangement. lo

You don't still sit that way in your tree stand do ya?

:lol:

Alright got my handle changed now. Story goes like this...........

I went into Walgreens a few years ago to turn in the film from one of my trail cameras. The young Asian gal asked my name and I said Josh Epperson. She says, "What's the first name again?". I say it again a lot slower and sounding it out..... JAWSH EHPERSON. I could tell she just wasn't getting it so I said J-O-S-H. Somehow she just wasn't getting it but could get the Epperson part no prob. She said okay and I knew she never really got it. Anyway I came back a couple hours later and this other gal asked for my name. I said Josh Epperson. She starts flipping through the E's in her file and said, "Whats the first name?" I said Josh and last name Epperson. She says, I've got an Epperson here but no Josh. She hands me the pics and says, "See if these are yours". I look at the front of the packet and it says GRONG EPPERSON. I just dropped my head and shook it to myself. That dumb lady got GRONG out of Josh!!! WTF?!?!?! Don't ask me how! Freakin moron is about the only nice thing that came to my mind then. Anyway, I paid for the pics and later mentioned the story to a couple friends of mine in Chino Valley. Needless to say that I've been GRONG since then. Cracks me up!!

Maybe she looked at the pictures and decided on your name for you, isn't grong the aphrodesiac made from antlers.

Josh, makes perfect sense to me......you did say she worked at Wally world. :ph34r: It takes certain "qualifications" to work there I think.

darren

Looks like she was GRONG and you were RIGHT :lol: No matter what the heck yer handle is here as long as you have Sean Penn as yer aviator you will be just that....... ;) Later bra....

Maybe she looked at the pictures and decided on your name for you, isn't grong the aphrodesiac made from antlers.

HA!!!!!!!!! Could be! "GRONG" def: Aphrodesiac made from antlers. That is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Josh

Maybe she was thinking :huh: " GEE I'm sure I'm writing this WRONG " and the girls subconscious wrote <_< GRONG......

Hard to find good help even when you pay them well.

Buckhorn

Got this from Wikipedia

The name Grong Grong is an aboriginal term meaning "bad camping ground" or "very bad camping ground".[2] Coordinates: 34°43′S 146°47′E[3]

too funny!

I like this one better

1. Grong 2 thumbs up

To grong, is to be spaced out, warped, tired. Most commonly refered to canabis smokers.

"Are you gronging?"

"I gronged out."

:lol:

You guys are hilarious!

Alright got my handle changed now. Story goes like this...........

I went into Walgreens a few years ago to turn in the film from one of my trail cameras. The young Asian gal asked my name and I said Josh Epperson. She says, "What's the first name again?". I say it again a lot slower and sounding it out..... JAWSH EHPERSON. I could tell she just wasn't getting it so I said J-O-S-H. Somehow she just wasn't getting it but could get the Epperson part no prob. She said okay and I knew she never really got it. Anyway I came back a couple hours later and this other gal asked for my name. I said Josh Epperson. She starts flipping through the E's in her file and said, "Whats the first name?" I said Josh and last name Epperson. She says, I've got an Epperson here but no Josh. She hands me the pics and says, "See if these are yours". I look at the front of the packet and it says GRONG EPPERSON. I just dropped my head and shook it to myself. That dumb lady got GRONG out of Josh!!! WTF?!?!?! Don't ask me how! Freakin moron is about the only nice thing that came to my mind then. Anyway, I paid for the pics and later mentioned the story to a couple friends of mine in Chino Valley. Needless to say that I've been GRONG since then. Cracks me up!!

Guess I have a dirty mind...... maybe it is because you're a dirty Pre-vert..... but before I read this I figured "GRONG" had to be something totally warped... :blink: ... Glad u cleared that up for me Josh! LOL!

Hey Falls!! Your handle cracks me up!! All those years ago when our Dads' worked together your Dad had a nickname just like that and everyone knows him by it!! That is cool how history repeats its self!!! LOL!

This has been a really fun thread to read.... Thanks for starting it Mike. Guess I'll put in my explanation......

I love hunting. It is a way of life to me.... I live and work to so that I can hunt..... Coues Deer hunting and Sheep hunting are a disease. Once you catch the "bug" you are a lost in them..... forever! All the other animals that we hunt are great too, but more like a Passion....... Coues 'n' Sheep are my Obsessions!! B)

Well I guess mine's not too difficult to figure out. I've been an overly serious shed antler hunter since 1985. I seem to have a lucky streak finding sheds. My wife says I could find an antler in the Walmart parking lot. Anyway I figure that since I started I've found over 10,000 lbs of antler in 5 different states. Some big, some small, they're all cool. I keep all the special ones. Josh Epperson has purchased most of the rest of them over the last 5 years or so. Wish I hadn't sold any of them but they take up so much room and I always seem to need to buy some new toy or something. They can also be used to make the coolest Christmas tree ever. Great subject!

post-1822-1170625636_thumb.jpg