Sign in to follow this  
arizonaelkhunter

Last Night North Phoenix Storm

What a show last night from about 11 pm until 2. This storm was incredible. The rain and wind was so intense you couldn't see five feet in front of you. Trees down everyone, power out for four hours, etc. The lighting show was the wildest I have seen in 20 years. Anyone else experience the same storm?

Yep, a circle k down the street got flooded inside because the doors blew open and the rain just blew in. I heard The Greenway and Tatum area is still without power.

Yep. It was nice. We're in desert hills and that was the first rain we've gotten besides a very light sprinkle for just a few minutes.

I-17 and Glendale Ave - awesome light show, wind and only sprinkles.

Arizonaelkhunter, that's a good picture of Workman Creek Falls in your avatar. We used to repel down into the canyon below.

I'm at 32st and Thunderbird, almost the hardest hit which was 40th and Greenway. Big trees down all over the place. It was AWESOME, except for those with damage... sorry.

Sounds like you guy's got blasted up there. Al I saw in Tucson last night was a lightning show.

Maybe 15 min of rain here in east Tucson, but not much. Was hoping for a good rain to drown the fire on the Rincons but still a lot of smoke this morning...

Lots of rain and wind and an unbelievable lightning show here in Globe last night too! My poor dog Julie took to hiding in the bathtub because she was so scared.

Glendale/Peoria got about an inch. The rest of the Valley averaged half of that or less. The thunder woke me up at about midnight and rain came soon thereafter. Could have been a lot more.