Sign in to follow this  
Vitals

Where to get a safe?

Its about time I get myself a real safe, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a top of the line Liberty. I also don't wan't crap like a Stack-On. I'm new to AZ and currently reside in the Arrowhead Ranch area and was thinking there must be some good deals on safes out there. Looking for a point in the right direction...Thanks folks

Tractor Supply usually has a Cannon on sale for around $600--check their web site periodically.

Just checked the BassPro Fall Classic flyer daily specials and they're going to have a Winchester 20 gun safe on sale for $399 on Saturday August 16th only.

I looked around quite a bit and ended getting mine from Costco. The price was good, and I talked the delivery driver into dropping it were it needed to go rather than in the drive. He ever tried to refuse the tip I gave him.

try The Safe Store, Indian School west of I17 on the southside of the road

This. My dad got his there about 15 years ago and it is still awesome. The only thing that sucks is moving that 1000 lb. monster. I think I have moved it 3 times now.

Not going to try to sell anyone a safe even though i am a dealer and have been a safe technician for 30 years. If its just a gun locker your looking for Costco safes are cheap and you get a lot of storage for your money. If its true security your looking for then stay away from Costco or SAMs club. Anyone who knows what they are doing can open those safes in a few minutes. There is a reason that a good safe that size will cost around $1500-$2000 and their safe is $600

Look at weight,fire rating and if the safe has hard plates and relockers.

A lot depends on what your trying to protect. I wouldn't put 10K worth of guns in a $600 safe but if you only have a couple grand in firearms then your insurance will cover that much and a cheap safe will keep the honest people honest. Also keeps the kids from getting their hands on them.

Not beating up anyone who has a Costco safe just stating facts.

Try to stay with at least a 1 hour fire rating and ask if the safe is burglary rated. You would be surprised that most cheap gun safes do not have a burglary rating.

Just my professional opinion

Good luck

• Like 3

1shot how are the cabelas liberty safes or the lower end liberty's? I have one and was wondering how they are rated. I may need to upgrade

Don't skimp on putting thousands of dollars worth on valuables on a few hundred dollar safe.

Two words.... "Fort Knox"

Never look back or regret.

There is a gun safe store on the south bound frontage road, between the 101 and bell rd. They have a huge safe you can see from the freeway.

I bought at the safe store. Found a year old model and then made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I was surprised at the deal he was able to make. Included delivery and warranty. I will say this, buy bigger than you think you need.

• Like 4

Not going to try to sell anyone a safe even though i am a dealer and have been a safe technician for 30 years. If its just a gun locker your looking for Costco safes are cheap and you get a lot of storage for your money. If its true security your looking for then stay away from Costco or SAMs club. Anyone who knows what they are doing can open those safes in a few minutes. There is a reason that a good safe that size will cost around $1500-$2000 and their safe is $600

Look at weight,fire rating and if the safe has hard plates and relockers.

A lot depends on what your trying to protect. I wouldn't put 10K worth of guns in a $600 safe but if you only have a couple grand in firearms then your insurance will cover that much and a cheap safe will keep the honest people honest. Also keeps the kids from getting their hands on them.

Not beating up anyone who has a Costco safe just stating facts.

Try to stay with at least a 1 hour fire rating and ask if the safe is burglary rated. You would be surprised that most cheap gun safes do not have a burglary rating.

Just my professional opinion

Good luck

Thanks for the info. The more I learn, the more I have to fear. Just this week I have learned that ticks can mess you up bad, and that a safe May not be "safe". No wonder ignorant people are so happy!

• Like 2