Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckkiller

18 points for Elk

Early rifle for sure. In 2013 18 BP would have been 100% on 3A/3C, 4B, 22N. It would have been close on 7W.

Of those choices 22N is the no brainer in my mind. Even with point creep you should be good for that hunt again, I would probably do 23N 1st choice and 22N 2nd. However next year the ML hunt is in unit 27, which could be attractive and 18 BP got the job done last time that tag was offered. With creep you will be on the brink, that would be a good 1 st choice also.

Good luck, I wish I was in your shoes.

• Like 1

Flatlander, I got 20 non-res. points. I luv 1 , want 23 , and 9 like every one else. What is my best chance. I am close.........BOB!

After seeing all the giants killed out of 23 I'd have to rethink putting in for 9 and 10...

no to many small bull in 23. LOL

• Like 1

are you willing to wait another year if you are not drawn in the 20% bogus point pass? if so, as many have stated you probably could not go wrong with 9 or 23. It depends on applications but you might get unit 1 next year with 18 points. If not, the year after next in unit 1 is a muzzleloader hunt and with 19 points you probably would want to put in for 9 or 23 instead of unit 1 muzzleloader.

23 early rifle get drawn then donate tag to wounded warriors and sign a tv deal and mag deal then go along on the hunt and be famous.

• Like 1

I am trying to be patient.. Its just really starting to run out though. I have been going back and forth from unit 1 to unit 9.. I also have 16 points for deer and im trying my hardest not to fold. I know with all the points I have I need to hold out for what I want but it gets harder and harder ever year when I get on the computer and find out I drew another point.