cohofishing

Trip to Alaska

Looks like an incredible trip! Fantastic buck, congratulations!!!

YES!! Very cool! Looks like you all had a great time.

Awesome trip and pics! Surf and turf dinner coming up! One of these days........Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Looks like an amazing trip thanks for sharing

That's a very nice blacktail! A lot bigger then the ones I hunted on Sullivan Island! I do miss those six deer tags a year and not having to be draw for anything! I grew up north of Juneau, in Haines. If only I get my wife to move up there but at least I am planning a trip up there next year.

I was raised in Hoonah. Yep, sure miss all the Alaska hunting. Traded it for my life here in Arizona twenty three years ago. It wasn't bad when I spent the summers up there fishing but when I retired from commercial fishing and sold the boat, the trips to Alaska have been few and fair between. Living in southeast, I never was able to take advantage of all there is to hunt in Alaska. Never really thought I would move. Trying to fit into my schedule a couple trips up there just to hunt and since I have family still there, I don't need a guide. I have been trying for a sheep tag but since that will probably never happen; I think I am going to try a get a mountain goat while I still can get up the mountains. Hopefully next year.

Sitka blacktails are great eating and are a blast to hunt. We ended up getting two that day. Fresh crab and back straps. Yum. My wife would let me move back there just for the seafood but I just don't want to railroad in the snow.

Brent

Looks like a great trip!

Nice vacation! Looks like a very successful one as well.

Like everyone else that is my DREAM vacation! Someday!