My good friend Ilene Hailey, (aka lucky2hunt), underwent knee surgery yesterday in Flagstaff. Ilene and her husband Roger, along with their friend Mike Anderson, (aka cosninocanines) work on more water catchment projects than anyone I know. I just thought fitting that I wish her a speedy recovery. Ilene's passion for archery hunting is at the top and I know she is glad to finally get her knee replaced but she drew a 12 archery deer tag and I don't have to say no more how she feels about that as she lays in the hospital. :( The knee is definitely her #1 priority and there will be more deer tags in the future.

Ilene is so deserving of your prayers and well wishes. I'm sure when she's feeling a little better she will be searching the forum here on cwt.

Peg and I wish you a speedy recovery Ilene. Listen to the doctors and let Roger baby you. You'll be back up walking the hills in no time but for now just take it easy my friend. :)

TJ

• Like 9

Ilene, hope your feeling well and have a fast recovery! We look forward to hearing your progress and recovery. Prayers going out. That's great advise TJ! Ilene let friends and family baby you maybe even milk it a little.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the beginning of a long road to recovery....I am glad she is moving forward with this as her knee problems were keeping her from doing what she loved. I wish Ilene the best recovery possible!!

Thanks everyone! This is not what I had planned for 14 days before deer season, but hopefully in the long run it'll be worth it, I'll be running up and down the hills before you know it!!!

TJ thanks a bunch buddy, Roger is doing a good job LoL! Give Peg my love!!!

• Like 3

Ilene, if you need help, if you need some to carry your back pack or some one to pack your deer out let me know! :) Get well soon Iline!

Ernesto C

• Like 1

Ilene,

I hope you have a full and complete recovery with zero complications. Take it easy and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Illene, I wish you the speediest of recoveries. And I second the milking of the babying.

• Like 1

Wishing you a speedy recovery. We don't know each other but I always enjoy what you have to say and appreciate the quality and aptitude you've brought to this wonderful website.

Now that I've said all that... am I the only one who gets a chuckle out of a woman named "I lean" getting a knee replacement?

• Like 1

I spoke with Ilene tonight and she reached the required goal of being able to bend her new knee to 90 degrees....that means she gets to go home tomorrow!! Congrats ilene!

• Like 4