elk_slayer

My first buck!

I was lucky enough To get drawn for 3c/3a any antlered deer and kill my first deer and first bow kill opening morning! It all started at 4am my dad and I got up out of the cabin and left For our spot where we decided to glass. Within 30 seconds of legal hunting time we spotted three deer, as we tried to make out antlers they were spooked by something and ran off! We later glassed up a herd of elk and a single cow elk, I was already 100 yds from the cow so I decided to do a practice spot and stalk and I eventually ended up 6 yds from it and stood there for probably 5 mins before it noticed me and it started to bark for 10-15 mins!! We hiked out of the glassing area after seeing nothing but elk for 4.5 hrs! So we decided to move to the area where we have also seen deer before but before we got there we were stopped multiple times by 2 different does and finally my first deer which was 44 yds away through some thicket and up hill, once the deer was hit immediately jumped and bucked as it ran, my dad and I watched it fall off a 4 foot ledge and we knew he was dead we wait 20 more minutes before we headed out to see that I had stuck him perfectly with a double lung and liver shoot complete pass through! It may not be big but so far it's number 1 in my record book for deer!

post-1-0-00593500-1408755516.jpg

post-11810-0-09436600-1408752321_thumb.jpg

post-11810-0-44366900-1408752430_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Congrats! First archery deer is awesome. Mine was a small doe and I remember it as well as the biggest buck I killed. I hope you realize your life is changed forever.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your first buck! And so the addiction begins...... ;)

Great job! 1st buck with a bow is a memory you will have forever.