slopoke36

First deer ever 35B

Well I got my first deer ever this weekend in 35B. Not a big one but a trophy to me. I spent all summer scouting and planning this hunt. I had some really nice deer on trail camera but when the moment happened it was this little guy. To honest I made sure he had antlers and that was about it before the shot. I knew what ridge these bucks were using to go from bedding area to water. I still hunted the ridge moving as slow a possible. I stopped in the shadows and made sure I had a back drop to hide my outline. I saw him coming and waited for him to appear on the other side of the juniper tree. He stepped out at 22 yards and I doubled lunged him. He was quartered slightly away from me. He went about 15 feet which made for an easy recovery.

Over the past couple years I have chased Coues after Coues with no luck. At times it has even been heart breaking but in the end it was worth the wait. I wouldn’t trade this buck for anything. I earned him and grateful for this buck and the opportunity to hunt.

post-4269-0-93489300-1409678819_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Coues assassin you guys saved my butt. It was a pleasure meeting you guys out there. Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your first deer! That's awesome you got so close. I hope you at least do a European mount with him....so cool!

Great deer and good work. Guys say they passed on some small ones, but a pass is not an attempted shot. Your shot was attempted and successful.

• Like 1