Lance

40% less elk/antelope applicants!

I also heard there was a huge decline in the number of aplicants from a friend of mine at the g and f. I personnaly feel this is what they wanted. Create less intrest then there is less people to fight when they take away our rights.

I also talked to a friend this morning that has somebody in the office and was told the apps were way down. I certainly hope this is true, I guess we will see. David

I just learned there is no truth whatsoever to the rumor that elk/antelope applications are down 40% this year. If anything, it appears the number of applications is actually up from 2006.

I just learned there is no truth whatsoever to the rumor that elk/antelope applications are down 40% this year. If anything, it appears the number of applications is actually up from 2006.

Who'd you hear it from? I put in for cow tags this year to try and improve my odds. If the apps were really down 40%, then I probably gave away my only good chance at drawing at 27 bull tag.... :(

The AZGF has Not released anything to support or deny these rumors....... because they don't know yet for sure... :blink: .... I know this because there was a big AZGF meeting this weekend and everyone came away from that meeting with the same info.... "We don't know if it is true or not."...... That came to my ears from someone who was actually there..... :huh:.... and I'm betting, that with as screwed up as the sysem was and as screwed up as the web company that put the draw on is.... that we won't know any more than we do for a while...... <_<

cool. so now my chances of getting my 2nd pronghorn permit in 40+ years of applying went from .001% to .002%. wow, doubled my odds. man, i'm all 'cited. Lark.

If it is true, I think it sucks! It shows just shows how good the Azgfd is at messing up stuff!! Yeah, it's great the odds would be improved, but I feel for the hunters who missed out, either because they couldn't afford it, or didn't know of the early draw!

Just my two cents. B)

This I guess is still just a rumor, but a buddy of mine called G+F today, got directed to several people, and finally got a lady who appearantly knew statistics about the draw so far. She told him the permits were NOT down 50%. She said there were around 51,000 apps TOTAL for elk and antelope, as opposed to 86,000 last year. My buddy is trust worthy, but I didn't hear it for myself. I don't know where the 50% came from, but if this info above is true.........I'm excited! ;) JIM>

p.s. I also feel sorry for the people who cannot afford the price increases, that part sucks.......but as far as the people who didn't know about the early draw...that category might be full of those people who sit on the fence every year and really don't care if they draw or not, and don't pay attention much to current changes. JIM>

I know a lot of people who will put in there wife, kids, uncle ,sister ,and brother in law,I think they would also apply for there dog if they could. Tag prices and being somewhat close to christmas as well as expensive hunting lisense. It took a lot of people out of the " it only costs 7.50 game"

I heard last year,there were 100,000 apps for all elk,antelopes tags. this year there were about 51,000. maybe the after x-mas bills came in and many on the fence hunters could not afford it <_<

51,000 total apps is real close to actual number...... now the waiting game.I think by my post it appears to be about 50 % but with 80,000 total from last year. it may be closer to a 30% reduction.

For draw odds any reduction is a blesssing...For future costs it's bad. If my math is correct and the assumption of 30,000 fewer applicants is correct GF Revenues are now $225,000.00 below budget. When something like that happens you can expect that prices will increase again, services will be reduced or both.

Jim,

35,000 fewer from 86,000 lends credence to the 40% rumor. 35,000/86,000 = 0.407 40.7%

I doubt the 40% fewer applications were from those with the top BP.

RR