WHT_MTNMAN

Elk Season Finale Rifle Hunt

A good friend of mine had the rifle tag. After not seeing many 370+ bulls and passing quite a few the first couple of days he shot this bull.

This was a neat story, we had passed a few bulls throughout the morning, changed location, found and passed a few more. About 11am I told him I had seen some good activity in

a certain spot that usually holds good bulls. As we parked and started to slip down the canyon, we both look over and can see an elk bedded on the pine covered slope. We spent the next 5 minutes trying to judge him and decide if he was a shooter. I told him it was a 350+ bull but I couldn't tell him how much bigger. Due to family, work etc... and lack of giant bulls scouted he decided to shoot the bull. The bull stood up, I let out a cow call, he turned broadside and one shot through both lungs and he had his first bull. Darell waited a long time to be able to tag his first bull. He was overcome with emotion and it was an absolute awesome experience to share this with not only a great person, but a good friend that I've played ball with, hunted with etc... for so many years.

Couple more scouting pics.

Screenshot_2014-10-02-06-38-41_zpssdd5lt

Screenshot_2014-10-02-06-39-49_zpstcxe4g

Pics don't show the mass on this bull. He had 11 3/8 and 10+ measurements on his first mass measurement. 19+ and 20+ thirds..... Great bull !!

IMG957989_zps31w3ffmo.jpg

IMG_4550_zpsqjluyumv.jpg

IMG_20140927_154721_313_zpsvcpve5pq.jpg

IMG_20140927_154707_117_zps7soizf3c.jpg

• Like 8

Awesome! Really cool that you were able to experience that with your friend!

Thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)

Great looking bull!!!! Congrats to you and the hunter!

Nice looking bull, Congratulations!

Great bull! Looks like one my father in law had at 80 yards last Saturday but couldn't get him in his scope. Congrats to all involved!!!