missedagain

Rude Awakening

I had driven up to one of my spots late one evening so that I could hike in and set my trail camera in the morning. Since it was such a nice night I just slept in the bed of my truck and when the alarm when off about 15 min. before daylight I snoozed it not wanting to get out of my nice warm bag. I was laying there still half asleep with my head completely under the bag when I felt something heavy shift in my truck, my heart skipped a beat as I was sure that a bear had just jumped into bed with me.

As I slowly peeked out from under my bag not wanting to startly it I came face to face with this turkey standing on the rail of my bed and staring at me. Being afraid of getting my eyes pecked out I tried to gently scare the bird away but to no avail, it would just not get out of my truck.

Apparently this turkey must be used to being fed by campers because the only way I got it to leave was to crumble up some donuts and throw them away from my truck.

post-679-1173917067_thumb.jpg

post-679-1173917114_thumb.jpg

That's pretty funny...That turkey looks like it wanted to snuggle with you :lol:

That's way cool missedagain!

There is something wierd about winter turkeys. They group into hugh flocks and lose fear. I stumbled (drove up) on a flock of about 150 birds on the N. Kaibab in Dec., got out and walked up to within 20 yards of a part of the flock. They could'nt have cared less that I was there.

Mike

Well isn't that just how it is no turkey during the season and when you are not hunting them they come join you for breakfast.

Oh man that killed me! I woulda kicked him off my sleeping bag knowing that any second he squeeze out some soft serve right on my pillow.......... HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Woulda just stuffed them fethers in the piller case and went back to sleep :P

Very cool pics and great story, you might try and lower the dosage on that "Hen In Heat" cover scent you're wearing, you could be in for more than you bargained for.

Yeah, your lucky she didn't leave you a big steaming present on you sleeping bag. You would have had to throw that thing away. It reminds me of my turkey hunt a few years ago. I woke up in the back of my truck to a turkey gobbling up on the hillside. So I got up and went up and shot it. I was done by 6:30 opening morning.