creed_az_88

2014 leftover love

Hung up the bow and picked up the rifle for the first time in 7 years. Filled my tag on opening day. Didn't even get to look for any of the deer on the hit list but im still smiling. Shot him in his bed at 180 yards. post-256-0-29500900-1415591446_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-07860500-1415594109_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-57033000-1415594328_thumb.jpg

My little brother George had a tag also and was able to fill it with a beautiful shot in some crazy wind on day 2. post-256-0-60817500-1415594655_thumb.jpg

Time to pick up the bow again. Thanks for looking.

-creed

• Like 8

Not much of a reason to look for those other bucks from what I can see, great bucks, congrats to the both of you! Did you shoot him in the head?

Great job! Do you feel like you cheated on your bow? I haven't used my rifle in 4 years now, I'm sure it is jealous over my bow!

I've been seeing a lot of the "shot him in his bed" remarks and I am not cutting anyone down for it. Just saying are we not suppose to positively identify the game species before we shoot? Excellent buck by the way. I can only dream of one that nice.

Wtf are you talking about?? It's not that difficult to identify a whitetail in whitetail country...

Killer buck, nicely done.

• Like 8

So Firstcoueswas80, are you saying mule deer and coues whitetail do not overlap terrain. I thought the only positive identification was the tail. Why so quick with the WTF? I'm asking a valid question. AZG&F shows the overlap of mule deer and whitetail everywhere in the state whitetail exist. During AZ Hunter's Education courses we are also taught the importance of identification.

Because you're very obviously trying to throw stones that are unwarranted.

And I will 100% disagree that the tail is the "only way" to tell. Face, head ears, body size etc.

Plus, how do you know know he glassed it up bedding and not watched him bed, made his move and killed him? Oh, I know, you're ASSuming.

• Like 7

Great job! Very nice buck man! I put my bow down 6 years ago and got the rifle bug in me, now I'm thinking about getting it back out, I've killed more with my bow than rifle!

Congrats to George making the shot in the wind!!!

Awesome bucks! Love the dark antlers on yours.

Creed this is one h€ll of a deer. All I can sa looking at the pictures you have posted over the last few years is you have a great spot/spots keep them to yourself lol. Or blindfold people when you take them in