Sign in to follow this  
backcountry_brad

6x6 Bull Killed, Crazy Story!

So on the opening day of the late hunt, at around 11, a friend of a friend called and said that his wife had downed a big bull that they needed help getting off the mountain and we offered to help knowing we wouldn't miss much good glassing time. A little after noon we had got up to where our friends bull was and began helping quarter it out. Over an hour had passed and then our friends wife spotted 3 bulls running down the hill right at us. They hadn't busted immediately so I tried crawling to the gun I was using that was a few yards from me but was told to just run and get the gun. By this time they were running away down the hill so I ran to the gun, racked a round in, and flipped the scope covers up and then listened for instructions for which bull to shoot. I then took an off hand shot at a running bull that hit him right in the lungs. He was still up so I took another shot but missed and then I rested the gun on a tree and punched a round through his neck and he dropped. This was my first bull ever and I am sure proud of him.

post-12892-0-99090300-1417306504_thumb.jpg

post-12892-0-94270300-1417306581_thumb.jpg

post-12892-0-66010200-1417306598_thumb.jpg

post-12892-0-51797800-1417306614_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Awesome late season bull! Amazing how the golden rule is applicable in all situations.

• Like 1

Awesome bull and circumstances on how you got him! Good deed rewarded. Congratulations on your first bull!

• Like 1

Some times it pays to be in the right place

Sweet bull! That must have been an adrenaline rush!