Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

So far, I am loving my kuiu icon pro.

• Like 1

I use a Kifaru Late Season with a Grab It most of the time. If it might get serious the Duplex Frame with Cargo Panel comes out. I think of hunting packs more for how much meat they can carry out than what little nic naks it can carry in. I can and usually do carry my bow in my hands very easily. My bow is only on my pack when it's really rough and I need all four hands for the most part, or hiking in or out in the dark. That being said I like the big bag with versatility via stuff sacks etc. versus a more divided and compartmentalized pack. Kifaru has one of if not the best suspension of any pack and their durability and customer service are top notch. Being Made in the USA put them over the top for me. Buy once, cry once...kinda like binos!

• Like 3

Do i have to show mine with a bow stand and Ross poster? You need to slow down a little I cant keep up with all your posts.

I like my new Alps Bow slinger, It keeps the bow high enough that it doesnt hit the cantle on my saddle

• Like 5

I like to be prepared for a kill and taking meat back and carry enough water food to stay out all day if I need to. I use an Eberlestock X2. I've thought about getting one of those glorified fanny packs with shoulder straps but what happens if I kill way back in the sticks. Gotta hike back tohe truck just to get a pack to carry meat.

• Like 1

Love my Kifaru DT3 with grab-it 2. Pack out ability is amazing. I was able to haul more meat this last elk hunt than ever before. 2 front quarters and meat with ease. First and only pack I am able to comfortable pack out 75+ pounds. Very durable pack, great customer service and made in the USA. Can not beat it. When you get a pack to custom fit your body, you will be amazed at the difference.

• Like 1

For bowhunting i go light and fast. Kelty fanny pack/day pack. It is the perfect set up, can carry hydration bladder, has a rangefinder pocket at the perfect spot, and two main pouches enough for knives rope first aid kit etc. then i hike back to the truck for my main pack if i have to pack him out far

• Like 1

My Eberlestock "Team Elk" pack has a special bow holster built in for hikes in the dark or up mountainsides where you need both hands. Other than that, I carry my bow.

• Like 2

Love my old Eberlestock. Probably overkill on most outings but its tough as nails and carries everything.

• Like 1

I use outdoorsmans pack. Just got the muley fanny pack for X-mas which can be used with or without the frame. I feel like this system works good for different tactics. Spot n stalk, run and gun, meat hauler, back country plus great local customer customer service.

• Like 1

Kifaru Timberline 1. I love it more and more each time I go out. I use to struggle my way down the mountain with my old pack after getting a coues, but this pack carries the load like a dream.

• Like 1