Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Scoped! Who has been on the other side?

Well to say the least I am not proud to say this happened to me, but I got in a hurry, excited, and adrenaline pumping taking a up hill shot on a down hill slope and the rifle won! First time and I hope it is a good reminder to never do it again 😜!

Here you go Casey

post-2686-0-87568300-1418621913_thumb.jpg

My good friend decided to go try shooting a .50cal the day before he had family pictures. He sent me a pic that looks just like you. Man, his wife was pissed

• Like 3

Yeah I figured that was coming from you Casey! Wish I could of showed what I was shootin at, will be the one that got away!

Yep, easy to do if you don't pay attention. I did it a few years back shooting an unfamiliar rifle in an awkward position. I did at least get the satisfaction of a good clean hit on the deer out at 500 yards:)

• Like 1

Been there done that. Got the scar (nice little half moon over my left eye) to prove it. Shooting my buddies 300 mag. Fortunately it was in the days before cell phones with cameras!

Nice Hat!

• Like 1

That sucks! Haven't done that since I was a kid and hope not to for as long as I can help it.

Did you at least hit what you were aiming at?

when I was a kid we called it "weatherby'd", have seen it on multiple occasions and a few that required stitches, I've been lucky so far (hope I didn't give myself the kiss of death)

Reminds of a hunting trip where I came across 2 brothers using their dads win mag for elk -- both had perfect 1/2 moon gashes and blood streaming and proud as all get out standing by 2 bull elk down .

• Like 2

I thought this was going to be a different story. In my case I was glassing some nice deer country (binocs, tripod) and saw a guy way across the canyon looking at me through his rifle scope! I was not happy. That was when I turned to archery.