bwp22

First Archery Javelina!

After not being able to get out for javelina all month, I finally made it out this morning. I got set up and started glassing just after first light. Within 10 minutes I spotted a nice 4x4 mule deer cruising around looking for does. Unfortunately, I was high above him on a ridge and had no real way to get ahead of him. I watched him for a while dreaming of how he would look on my wall unitl he went over a ridge and out of sight.

By now the sun was beginning to wash over the southeastern sides of the hills so I began glassing those areas. Luckily I only had to look for a few minutes befoe spotting a herd of javelina. They were feeding and I was able to stalk to 21 yards before the Ulmer Edge found its mark. It felt great to finally take a javelina with my bow.

post-12607-0-12364800-1421205173_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations on your first javelin. I can remember back when I took my first. Again congratulations and I'm sure you will be adding to it. Thanks for sharing. It brought back memories and you are on your way to many memories of your own. AWESOME1 :)

TJ

Great job! Sweet stalk! How far did the javelin make it after the shot?

Great job! Sweet stalk! How far did the javelin make it after the shot?

She only went about 40 yards or so. I was able to watch exactly where she went and piled under a bush. As I was giving her some time to expire, the rest of the herd returned and began feeding again! I have taken javelina with my rifle before, but this is WAY more fun with the bow!

• Like 4

NOW you're in the know!!! Congrats. Nothing like bowhunting!

• Like 1