Heat

Might Want to Sell Property near Heber - Good Realtor?

My Wife and I bought a piece of property very close to the town of Heber, AZ a few years back. It is a little over 4 acres with pasture and pine trees. Nice spot for a retirement or summer place. Room for horses, etc. Passed perc test for septic no problem. Water and power is right at the road. Plenty of level ground to build a nice home or cabin. I want to keep it but my better judgement tells me we don't need it. Does anyone know of a good Realtor in the local area that is highly recommended? We are not exactly sure what the property is worth and need some excellent advice from a professional before we decide to put the property up for sale. If you happen to know someone, have questions, or might be interested please PM me.

Thanks!

Shane Kourey is an outfitter on the site. He is in show low and is a realtor. He is listed under outfitters here and I think he is a stand up guy.

I've been looking at homes and land for the last few years and I can tell you that bare land is still on the low side. Without looking at it specifically I would bet an agent would say it is about 15k an acre, but my guess is that it won't sell at that price. Probably closer to 8-10k an acre. Again just a guess.

Keep it.

Land prices are down now, but four acres with pine trees in the White Mountains will only appreciate in value over the years.

When we bought the land for our cabin in Greer, we thought we were paying too much, but we liked that it was in Greer with lots of pines, firs and aspens and a year-around creek on it. Those two acres cost me $7,500 in 1964.

Today, you might pay ten times that (or more) for just one acre in our little village.

As Will Rogers said, "Buy land. They don't make land any more."

=== Bill Quimby

• Like 2

Also quite a price difference between Heber and Greer!............BOB!

Agreed. Heber is not Greer. However, my point is that those four acres with pine trees, electricity and water on the site will prove to be a better investment than any IRA or Roth plan when Arizona's population doubles over the next few decades as it certainly will. Only 18 percent of our state is in private ownership, and only a tiny portion of that private land is forested. The six million people who will call Maricopa County home one day, along with another two million from Tucson, will be looking for mountain retreats and the principle of supply and demand will drive prices out of sight. ===== Bill Quimby

• Like 4

Hey Bill, you are kind of killing my game here. Heat, don't listen to him. You will never regret this decision. It's just dirt and trees. You are doing the right thing.

Let me know what you want for it. 😃

• Like 2

Yes when you get a price on it please let me know!!!!!! I love Heber! !!!!! Wouldn't mind having a summer get away up there.