standman

Big Tom Bobcat

Here is a big Tom I called in today. He came in at the 10 minute mark. He just materialized behind a tree. I tried and tried to get him to come out but he could see all he wanted from his position. I decided to thread the needle with my 17 hmr. First shot hit a limb But the cat didn't move. He slightly turned his head and offered a golf ball sized hole to the back of his head. Bang flop. Perfect shot right behind the ear.

He weighed 25 lbs (two different scales lol) and stretched to 42.5 inches.

Brian

post-102-0-82509500-1423020202_thumb.jpgpost-102-0-24284900-1423020237_thumb.jpgpost-102-0-90998700-1423149458_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hand call or electronic? Sweet marks on that Tom! Do you eat your bobcats?

Awesome cat Brian. That one will bring you some cash for sure. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Nice looking bobcat, congrats!

Hand call or electronic? Sweet marks on that Tom! Do you eat your bobcats?

Electronic. Never ate one.

..now that CWT is helping connect hungry hunters to utilize game meat, I did check the box saying that I love bobcat meat! So next time you bag a nice bobcat and skin it, give it a quick gutting and throw it in the freezer for me!

OK Brian, knock it off! You are making me insanely jealous! Just kidding man, good job! There were some recent threads on Bowsite lately about bobcats that got me all fired up about them. Now this again...LOL!