capoeirajosh

Problem with neighbor's dog

I have a camp trailer, dump trailer and quad trailer, does that make me trailer trash. :(

Trailer trash is more of a state of mind. If you act like this neighbor does then maybe. Just because we have all the hunting equipment and gear doesn't mean we act like a back woods redneck. It would be safe to say that most people who are active on this site are hunters with Class! Class = respectful, courteous, helpful, common sense, lives above poverty mentality even if he is poor financially, keeps his household clean, ( I can be cluttered but my lawns look nice and the weeds are pulled), not a dump! My opinion of class type hunters that you would want to hunt around.

I have a camp trailer, dump trailer and quad trailer, does that make me trailer trash. :(

Trailer trash is more of a state of mind. If you act like this neighbor does then maybe. Just because we have all the hunting equipment and gear doesn't mean we act like a back woods redneck. It would be safe to say that most people who are active on this site are hunters with Class! Class = respectful, courteous, helpful, common sense, lives above poverty mentality even if he is poor financially, keeps his household clean, ( I can be cluttered but my lawns look nice and the weeds are pulled), not a dump! My opinion of class type hunters that you would want to hunt around.

Zeke that was just a little joke, I have seen the other trailers. :)

How about being a man you asked him how many times to remove his hill?And he hasn't, either go in his yard and remove the hill or grow some balls and kick his butt he is putting your family in harms way are you going to wait untill the dog attacks your family? I once had a neighbor keep throwing his dog shoot in my yard

after telling him twice to stop he didn't, guess what the third time i took his dog shoot over to his house put him on the ground shoved it in his mouth it never happened again.

• Like 1

How about being a man you asked him how many times to remove his hill?And he hasn't, either go in his yard and remove the hill or grow some balls and kick his butt he is putting your family in harms way are you going to wait untill the dog attacks your family? I once had a neighbor keep throwing his dog shoot in my yard

after telling him twice to stop he didn't, guess what the third time i took his dog shoot over to his house put him on the ground shoved it in his mouth it never happened again.

Thanks for the post. I thought I had anger issues, but now I am feeling better about myself.

• Like 3

I'm not as tuff as others on here and I love all dogs until they give me a reason not to. Also I'm patient. I've almost shot two different people breaking into two different rented homes when I lived in the city but I didn't. (I don't fall into any catogories of the previous users 100% break down) in my opinion, your about at the point of no respect and not caring! That's ok! Offer to remove the mound if you haven't already as others have stated, best option. Calling the law is the second best and probably the most effective option option if he won't accept the help moving the mound. I don't really see killing the dog as an option unless he makes it in your yard. As a kid my dad had a German Shepard-coyote mix. Neighbors below us had pits. Long story short it was 4 on 1 and three of theirs were killed and one crippled. Our dog lost an ear and came home happy. Point is.... Pits aren't the best fighting dog out there,, there's always someone better, the "Latinos"' got real pissed when their fighting dogs got killed by our big mutt, and it could of been resolved if "their" dog was trained and kept on property

I have spoken to the landlord. This guy isn't even aloud to have dogs on the property. The landlord spoke with the renter and was very clear to him about removing the dog. Renter said he understood and that the dog would be gone today. Until I know the issue has been resolved, I will have my 12 gauge in the yard with me when I bring my dogs out. A police officer told me that I have every right to shoot and kill that dog if it gets in my yard. Then I had someone tell me about doing jail time for discharging a firearm in city limits. Anyone know more about this?

I doubt they can charge you for discharging a firearm in self defense.

As long as the dog is on your side you shouldn't have any problems. I know a few people that have been in that situation, and none of them got jailed. If it should come to that make darn sure the cops know what the shooting was about before they get there. They will be really excited otherwise.

I had a problem with a little lap dog that would yap all night. We went the animal control route without very much success. I start my job at 1:30 am, so after all else failed, I'd aim my bugle tube at his bedroom window and rip the biggest, nastiest, raspiest elk bugle I could muster before I left for work. EVERY. DAY. There were some times when I would leave my Foxpro on coyote locator all weekend. He got the message.

• Like 3

Thanks guys. Yeah, I confirmed it with a police officer. It is one of the exceptions of Shannon's Law.

Have a friend that shot a dog with his bow when the dog had his wife stuck in her car. The dog went back to its owners house and died there, large blood trail. He got the dog and took it to,the desert to get rid of it. When he got back home not only the police was waiting but every local news agency and most of the neighborhood. He wasn't charged but it wasn't pleasant for him.

• Like 1

"In fear for your life" is all you ever say to PO when you do discharge a firearm.

• Like 2

Never thought about a Foxpro. I bet I could really get the attention of my neighbors with it. I was actually thinking about setting up some airhorns, and letting it rip.

• Like 1