Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

My 2015 Unit 10 Speed Goat * Updated w/ Pics and Story

I drew unit 10 rifle as well, pretty stoked. Never hunted goats in that unit but it should be a great time! Congrats to everyone that drew!

REDDOG

Love that username. I feel like I almost copied you...? :D :D :P

GREAT Minds Think Alike!!

I would do exclusive pursuit outfitters or high point outfitters. Both of these outfits know 10 really well and will give their best effort to find you a big goat.

Update: Shane Koury will be my guide for this hunt. With the new baby, grandpa and I would rather spend time with her this summer at the cabin, than living in unit 10. I plan on making a few trips up to check out the unit but Shane fine me a monster.

• Like 3

Your going to have an Awesome Antelope hunt!!!! I'm very jealous!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Update: huge thanks to Adam aka bigbrowns for the long range shooting help. I'm so ready to hunt after some of the pics I saw today. Drooling over here and super unproductive day of work. Next week at this exact time I will hopefully be putting a big one to bed in hopes of taking him in the am. Good luck to all that have a tag. Hopefully my next post will be Big Buck down, pics to come.

• Like 1

We bumped this buck out of his bed with his does. He definitely didn't want to leave his home area since the nearest road was about a mile away. We sat on him for over two hours until he bedded with his does. Shane used what little terrain we had and got me within 150 yards of him. Got set up and he stood up as soon as I put my scope on him. Bam and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. Huge thanks to Shane and his son Stephen. I swear they are both part elk cause we covered some serious ground. A special thanks to my new hunting buddy Adam aka bigbrowns you didn't know me from a random dude on here and not only took me out shooting long distance but also let me use your gun and pricey range finder.

post-8664-0-42887400-1441499393_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

Awesome buck! We need more pics.

Good thing you did all that long range practice ahead of time, 150 is really reaching out there!!!

• Like 3

Sweet buck!

Congrats!

James

• Like 1

Couple more pics, started raining on the way home so got to ride next to him the whole way back.

post-8664-0-42748300-1441505294_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-45936500-1441505546_thumb.jpg