Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Unit 1 bird

After the rain, snow, and the usual wind, I got it done. Sunday and Monday were the only good days of weather. Sunday morning had a bird answer my calls 2 or three times then went silent. We set up and he ended up coming in but from a different direction. Turned around awkwardly for a shot and missed high. After all the long hikes it happened Monday morning 200 yards from where I parked the truck. First call from the slate of the morning and hens were talking back. They were getting closer so we set up just in case and the first bird to pop out of their single file line was this gobbler. 20 yard shot and he was on the ground. He never gobbled so was surprised to see him. Had a 9 inch beard. Got to love turkey huntin!

post-5641-0-29536600-1431448868_thumb.jpg

post-5641-0-84311400-1431449640_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Very cool! Congrats on your sneeky tom!

Awesome! Congrats!

I love it in unit one. Here in North Dakota it sucks . Almost not worth it as much as I luv it . Went out tonite and was on a bird that didn't talk , I lost him but had over 40 ticks on Me and I sprayed stuff on Me before too. 3 hours and 40 plus ticks. Screw that. Can't wait till I get back to 1 or 27 in AZ.......BOB!

Yeah! Nice bird!