hoghntr

??? for you / ALMOST DOVE TIME! yeee ha

Dirty birdies! Time for some corona,bacon & bbq sauce!

All head shots???? Good job, I hate biting into lead......
Yeah how'd you do that mike?!?

Oh I'm getting so old! My nap after a morning hunt lasted like 5 hours. ;(

• Like 1

Friend just shared this this with me..

time to upgrade to a double barrel

Right. :) actually I hunt with O/u but have stitches in hand still and it has been royal pain in the butt breaking her open Cuz new and stiff, im Shooting with r. middle finger as trigger finger or just going lefty.. 2 times I have forgot and used finger recently operated on. =-O. Not good........

This was my harvest for Friday morning. Got to my spot 8:20 and was out by 10:24. 15 mournings in 37 shots. Got to be my most efficient shooting ever. I focused on shooting the closer flyers and not trying to go for a home run. Definitely helped my shoulder from the beating. Can't wait to get out again Monday morning.

B5B83E9B-2B33-46B4-B387-9FA76406C03B_zps

• Like 3

We had another Awesome morning hunt! 5 people and 4 limits. My 8 year old nephew had a great time shooting tails off a lot of Dove:)

Sorry, no pics today:(

• Like 3

Anyone in the Tucson area. Moved here last year looking for places in the southeast tucdon Ares to get my boys out. Any suggestions..

• Like 1

Anyone in the Tucson area. Moved here last year looking for places in the southeast tucdon Ares to get my boys out. Any suggestions..

Hey when I meet up with you I can give you some places to look

This morning was a repeat of yesterday only a tad bit warmer. The boy clobbered them again. I swear there were times where there were 2000+ birds flying from these two fields. It was absolutely priceless watching him spin like a merry-go-round trying to focus on 1 bird.

Killed one rattlesnake, what was weird he was tailless, somebody or something gnawed off his tail which scared me a little too much. He reared his head about 4' away and was hissing, but not rattling. Needless to say his frontside was a mirrored image of his backside after a 20g took his head off.

Gonna do 3 peat tomorrow to end the wonderful weekend.

post-2173-0-26571000-1441574707_thumb.jpg

post-2173-0-09475400-1441574720_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Went out with my youngest girl this morning. She finally knocked down a bird w/ her brothers bolt action .410. I gave her my 28 ga. and she knocked down 4 more shortly after. Guess what she is shooting tomorrow???? My shot of the day was a Eurasian that was shot at 9 times and missed by other hunters until it got to me.....Landed right by my FJ.

• Like 2

I hope all you limit hunters are enjoying great feasting in between hunts

friendly reminder of the new regulations this year

Mourning Dove Bag and Possession Limit:

Please note the mourning dove bag limit has increased
to 15, but the white-winged dove bag limit remains at 10.
In the early seasons bag limit is 15 doves in aggregate
of which only 10 can be white-wings. Possession limit
is forty-five (45) mourning and white-winged doves in
the aggregate after opening day of which no more than
fifteen (15) may be taken in any one day. Of the forty-five
(45) dove possession limit, only thirty (30) may be whitewinged
doves of which no more than ten (10) may be
taken in any one day..

Went out last with my youngest son. This was our first bird of the night. When we went to pick it up, he said "this one looks like a fat one."

A1365BB7-5C16-4ADA-B9A6-C0F150D1C646_zps

We finished with 12 birds by sunset. Right after we called it a night and started packing up, 10 birds decided to circle us above. Like they knew legal hours were done LOL.

7F97805E-1017-4894-A09F-7A8263EBFC68_zps

Here he is playing near a creek while I packed up the truck. He loves being out there.

790a48fa-bb4e-424e-aa2c-90296338bf36_zps

I was planning on going out this morning but I was feeling a bit under the weather. Hope this thing passes quick so I can get back out there before the season ends.

• Like 2

Look at those big breasts. Even some wing meat to nibble on!!

Right. You can actually skin out whole and keep the legs and stuff the breast if you wanted to do it fancy