hoghntr

??? for you / ALMOST DOVE TIME! yeee ha

Best day in years! 10 whitewings (none last year) 5 mourning, Lots of small birds must have been a good breeding year. I educated many with missed shots.

• Like 5

Well skipped dove hunting this morning and my wife and I went to pick blackberries bumped into this black rattlesnake while we were out. By the way he did not rattle but it sure did strike quite a few times. Going for dove now!

• Like 1

Way to slay them Big browns. Work did not cooperate with me. Needed a dozen hand to stay late and u was him. May be tomorrow.. good luck to all the afternoon guys.

I did alright this afternoon until the downpour came and I got soaked. I killed 11 high country doves in 22 shots jump shooting birds. That's a pretty good average for me lol.

Brian

post-102-0-52912000-1441156145_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

All Doves and no Goulds? what up with that Brian?...Good job . Glad You dove hunters had fun. Watch them dang snakes.............BOB

:)

Love the pics!!!

I just picked up that Remington peerless for a buddy and sent him a pic of me holding it with dead birds. L.O.L. that's what he gets for going ocean fishing without me. ;)

• Like 1

Here are some pics from our opening day.

IMG_0182_zpsbwh8sayc.jpg

My older son (Jeremiah) tried out the 20 gauge I bought him with some low recoil shells. He handled the recoil very well but the stock was still a bit too long for him to comfortably shoulder the gun. I was going to just let him take some shots until he got tired and then take my turn. He called it quits sooner than I thought he would cause of the stock issue. Will buy him a shorter stock soon.

IMG_0183_zps6i7ww166.jpg

Jeremiah retrieving a dove I shot down that fell on the other side of the fence. He was having fun retrieving. Hope to get him shooting them down himself soon.

IMG_0185_zpsfycrjxhl.jpg

My younger son Brendon (left) had a blast even though he didn't shoot anything. He enjoyed seeing the dove drop and eating the snacks I got them before we got to the spot.

Final count is 12 mourning and 1 eurasian. Wished I was more efficient with the shells. Can't say I had a great ratio but oh well. Didn't limit before sunset but had a really fun time going dove hunting with my boys...their first time out with me. Planning on going again Thursday.

IMG_0186_zpstyougt0e.jpg

Had to take s selfie so here it is...

• Like 9

n of phx samo - no birds - new signs - City Peoria no off road travel - been advised all areas in the annexed peoria township - you' may be cited with firing a firearm within city limits - possible tresspassing if found in a posted area --- even if its state trust land

better look at the map cuz it all the way out and around lake pleasant includung the target shooting "landmine" area in Morgan wash (tens of thousands of shell casing scattered around - mega trash area - makes me sick as i was looking for new dove areas

on the bright side - new toy 1903 SXS 16 ga - should be a a quail and dove stomper

post-3096-0-39894300-1441206412_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Me and a buddy ended up with 9 birds up around Kingman. Not alot of birds up here this year but we did find a small pocket of birds.

• Like 1