hoghntr

??? for you / ALMOST DOVE TIME! yeee ha

Dove is very good if the meat is taken care of. I like to slice the breasts and make fajitas.

• Like 2

I can't handle dove meat anymore. The dogs refuse to eat it too. I'm just hoping this rain was perfectly timed for a good quail year!

I have seen alot of quail hatching this year. I am hoping it is a great year for them as well. The out of state invaders who moved to AZ during the housing boom have put a major strain on the quail hunting quality in my neck of the woods.
  • Like 1

My mom years ago and being from Louisiana used to make a dove jambalaya with rice and spices, onion. It was awesome.

• Like 2

They've been teasing me and the every morning on our run. Too bad the WW will disappear the week before the hunt like they always do!

• Like 2

I do the same thing but with everything I hunt. I wish August was here already,then September, october, and December and January. Until then I fish.

• Like 3

I do the same thing but with everything I hunt. I wish August was here already,then September, october, and December and January. Until then I fish.

Yes I hear ya there! :) fishin fishin fishin! yeeeeee~ha! Your kayak adventure looked fun

Yes I hear ya there! :) fishin fishin fishin! yeeeeee~ha! Your kayak adventure looked fun

I'll post my kayak adventure on CWT when I get to the internet again. It was a blast and total test of my skills. The fishing was pretty darn good too :)

• Like 1

Already put in an RTO for a half day on both the 1st and 2nd. I'm salary and worked nine hours on a Saturday a couple of months back and am probably out of vacation days since the bosses wife changed a sick day I took (boss said it was ok to take one) to a vacation day after I took it.

I get 6 a year but we don't get paid for them if we don't take them and in almost five years I have only taken two.

• Like 1

My kids and I are always pretending to shoot them down as they fly above us. We were swimming at a friend's house a few weeks back and while I was floating on a couple of float noodles, I mentally shot down a couple hundred doves. Can't wait for Sept 1st to come around. Bacon wrapped with jalapeno and pineapple in the middle. Can't beat it. May have to try the pepperjack idea.

• Like 1

My kids and I are always pretending to shoot them down as they fly above us. We were swimming at a friend's house a few weeks back and while I was floating on a couple of float noodles, I mentally shot down a couple hundred doves. Can't wait for Sept 1st to come around. Bacon wrapped with jalapeno and pineapple in the middle. Can't beat it. May have to try the pepperjack idea.

And I will be adding pineapple! my mental taste buds just watered when I read that. thx

• Like 2

I'm with you. September is looking so busy for my household. Wife's bday, son has a baseball tourney, dove hunt, deer scouting, my bday. Fun fun fun...

Use to have a bunch of Eurasian in the yard. Finally,got a gamo and wouldn't you know..... Haven't seen those dumb fat birds in a while. I think the HOA poisoned them

• Like 1