Willyhunts2

Hopefully not your cam!

I've never seen a screw hurt a tree or heard of a screw ever hurting a tree used for cameras. Now on the other hand I've had several die because of elk rubbing them to death. It's crazy str8 shot thinks putting a screw in a tree is anything to be concerned about with how much trees go through in their life. Someone needs a hug or needs to hug more trees, which ever comes first.

I'm not on his side or defending him, but I don't think he's saying it hurts the trees. He's saying it's illegal. He also sea to be saying that if you are willing to break that law, it's a slippery slope toward breaking other laws. Because you think it's not hurting anything, doesn't make it any more legal.
  • Like 2

Thats a good idea. A coues whitetail brawl. We all meet up somewhere with screen name as name tags and throw down. Might be a good way to bond lol

that's hilarious! This is all fun and games as long as everyone remembers who the real enemy is. The anti hunting liberals love to see hunters fight amongst themselves and they love to point out how many hunters bend the laws for their benefit, further demonizing us.
  • Like 1

Thats a good idea. A coues whitetail brawl. We all meet up somewhere with screen name as name tags and throw down. Might be a good way to bond lol

that's hilarious! This is all fun and games as long as everyone remembers who the real enemy is. The anti hunting liberals love to see hunters fight amongst themselves and they love to point out how many hunters bend the laws for their benefit, further demonizing us.

I'm hearing this discussion a lot in the hunting community. Big push from conservation groups for hunters to support each other even if they don't agree with what other hunters do or say.

I notice game and fish eating up billboards as well.

Guest wdenike

i vote to close this thread and stop feeding the troll.

Trophy, please don't encourage the jelly fish. Or they will neuter all threads, like the whiners did the political section.

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

Thats a good one averagejoe :D

dang, I was planning to go hang a couple trail cams here soon up in 22N. Was this back in the Mazatzal Wilderness? I plan to backpack in there for my October hunt.

No, this is 10 yards off a road at a water catchment.

Thats good to hear. I think I would lose it if I hiked 5-10 miles back only to find out that my cameras had been jacked!

dang, I was planning to go hang a couple trail cams here soon up in 22N. Was this back in the Mazatzal Wilderness? I plan to backpack in there for my October hunt.

oh no the cwt police are gonna school you on wilderness areas and trail cams now. ;)

Oh you got that right, if you don't know the rules in wilderness areas don't go in them. No cameras allowed. GPS coordinates of any cams in wilderness will be sent to fs and they will be confiscated.

That's what I've been told anyway by the wilderness police

I do know the rules of the Wilderness areas pretty well, as I have been hiking them for years. I always understood it as it was ok provided no limbs were cut and you didn't screw it into the tree. Basically, no damaging the tree in any way. I just tried researching it for a bit as well and all I could find is internet police saying it isn't permitted. I'll have to make a call somewhere I guess, and ask them to tell me where I can find the answer.

oh no the cwt police are gonna school you on wilderness areas and trail cams now. ;)

Oh you got that right, if you don't know the rules in wilderness areas don't go in them. No cameras allowed. GPS coordinates of any cams in wilderness will be sent to fs and they will be confiscated.

That's what I've been told anyway by the wilderness police

don't sweat the small stuff, life is to short. Enjoy yourself.

I do know the rules of the Wilderness areas pretty well, as I have been hiking them for years. I always understood it as it was ok provided no limbs were cut and you didn't screw it into the tree. Basically, no damaging the tree in any way. I just tried researching it for a bit as well and all I could find is internet police saying it isn't permitted. I'll have to make a call somewhere I guess, and ask them to tell me where I can find the answer.

Leave no trace. Means pack it in pack it out. Call fs office and they will tell the same. These areas are supposed to be where those who are able and want to work hard can go and enjoy gods creation without seeing junk people strapped to a tree. Seems like common sense to me but I guess entitle your self and do what you want.

• Like 1

I think game cams are illegal in FS or BLM wilderness by this definition. I think they mean handheld cameras are allowed. CFR-2011- title 36 section 261, prohibited uses, definitions: Motorized equipment means any ma- chine activated by a nonliving power source except small battery-powered handcarried devices such as flashlights, shavers, Geiger counters, and cameras.

I think game cams are illegal in FS or BLM wilderness by this definition I think they mean handheld cameras. CFR-2011- title 36 section 261. Motorized equipment means any ma- chine activated by a nonliving power source except small battery-powered handcarried devices such as flashlights, shavers, Geiger counters, and cameras.

I would argue that it is a "small battery-powered hand carried device..." Either way, I'll call the authority having jurisdiction and if they say no go then I'll gladly pass.

• Like 1

Leave no trace. Means pack it in pack it out. Call fs office and they will tell the same. These areas are supposed to be where those who are able and want to work hard can go and enjoy gods creation without seeing junk people strapped to a tree. Seems like common sense to me but I guess entitle your self and do what you want.

Come on now, no need to call me entitled. If you actually knew me you'd know how silly that notion is. Like I said, no intention to just go "do what I want". I'll do my research and if it's wrong, I'll gladly leave them at home and still hike back into the wilderness with a smile on my face to hunt.

Jesus, I never would have thought trail cameras were such a huge freakin deal.

Apparently, for some, nicking a tree is an even bigger deal.
  • Like 1