Willyhunts2

Hopefully not your cam!

They are not hurting the trees by trimming a few limbs.

See it is this ignorance that divides us ... Does not matter what you think ... it is against the law to cut or screw into live trees in OUR national forests ... IF you can justify the breaking of law no matter how small you are no different than then what you call thieves breaking the law ... funniest part is these so called thieves are not actually usually breaking the law when taking what the law defines as abandoned property ... I think it is wrong that any person takes what is not theirs but it is also as wrong for so many hunters to turn a cheek at actual laws and even funnier when they do not see their own hypocrisy !

You assume this is on USFS lands ........ are you sure? If you want to troll, go to the lake.

So if someone doesnt agree with the masses on here must mean hes a troll right???

• Like 2

See it is this ignorance that divides us ... Does not matter what you think ... it is against the law to cut or screw into live trees in OUR national forests ... IF you can justify the breaking of law no matter how small you are no different than then what you call thieves breaking the law ... funniest part is these so called thieves are not actually usually breaking the law when taking what the law defines as abandoned property ... I think it is wrong that any person takes what is not theirs but it is also as wrong for so many hunters to turn a cheek at actual laws and even funnier when they do not see their own hypocrisy !

You assume this is on USFS lands ........ are you sure? If you want to troll, go to the lake.

So if someone doesnt agree with the masses on here must mean hes a troll right???

I don't speak for the masses. Just figured after his 3rd or 4th post on the issue he just wanted to argue. How bout you?

Saw the same thing in 23n. Bears are wising up and figuring out how to use crowbars out there.

This is where mine is and hopefully still there.

Lock boxes r to keep honest people out

You CAN'T peel my boxes!!!!!!!

post-5396-0-68944900-1437979042_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Being that the majority of hunting as well as cam placement in Arizona takes place In OUR national Forest lands , I feel it is a very safe assumption ... plus I kind of doubt that the OP was scouting private land and even if he was I have seen plenty of hunters ignore the laws when it comes to USFS lands to still view My opinion ... Many may claim ignorance to such RULES so why do you see issue in educating possible law breakers? Being ignorant of a law and breaking it does not make it right , no matter how you try to cut it ... OH and this is not he first time I have stated my opinion , or not having empathy for people leaving cams out .. My right as an American to voice my opinion and point out hypocrisy when I see it ... Usually when it comes to Truth those whom take the most offense and argue to defend and justify are usually the most guilty .... I do not make the rules/laws, I may not agree with many Rules/Laws, but I do not need to respect those who choose to ignore them to serve their own purpose ... and in time these kinds of hunters will become their own worst enemies and yet they will blame those like me who do not agree with their way... Want to use cams or tree stands knock yourself out ... there are ways to do it that do not require cutting and bolting into trees !!!

I saw that same box this weekend. It looked like they cut the cable lock only to find it was screwed to the tree. It was on water.

I saw that same box this weekend. It looked like they cut the cable lock only to find it was screwed to the tree. It was on water.

Yup, I was back there checking out the other one and figured what the heck, I'll stop by the little catchment cause it's been a few years.

It's amazing that some people think putting a screw in a tree or trimming a couple branches is worse than theft. i do not agree with these people screwing their cameras into trees, don't get me wrong, but trimming a branch or two? doesn't hurt anything. i know G&F states that it is illegal but it is such a petty thing that they won't enforce it. people know the risks involved with setting out cameras on these very well known and easily accessible water holes, close to town. it's like playing russian roulette. it does suck for the people that have them stolen, but a little creativity and common sense will tell you where and where not to place cameras. instead of placing them on a water hole, how about placing them on a trail leading in or out of the hole? those big, gaudy lock boxes stand out like a sore thumb. might as well have a neon sign with an arrow pointing to them

• Like 9

It's amazing that some people think putting a screw in a tree or trimming a couple branches is worse than theft. i do not agree with these people screwing their cameras into trees, don't get me wrong, but trimming a branch or two? doesn't hurt anything. i know G&F states that it is illegal but it is such a petty thing that they won't enforce it. people know the risks involved with setting out cameras on these very well known and easily accessible water holes, close to town. it's like playing russian roulette. it does suck for the people that have them stolen, but a little creativity and common sense will tell you where and where not to place cameras. instead of placing them on a water hole, how about placing them on a trail leading in or out of the hole? those big, gaudy lock boxes stand out like a sore thumb. might as well have a neon sign with an arrow pointing to thGG

GG just so we are clear I think thieves are the lowest form of scum out there. If you think what I am saying is about down playing the fact that people should not take what is not theirs, you are wrong... I am stating the facts about the laws that I feel we all should follow no matter how petty we feel they are. You say they do not enforce it, then start sawing a live tree where an officer can see you , or leave the head of your Axe buried in a live tree at camp, I have seen citations given for both of those. In the context of the rules/laws of USFS ... If you abandon personal property ( and unfortunately the way it is defined that is what cam users do) under the law the Morally corrupt person is not legally a criminal as much as you would like him or her to be, however a guy cutting and bolting boxes on trees is a criminal ... I do not write the laws, but do not feel ignorance to them is any justification and why I do not empathize with those who lose things, like cams, they leave out in our forests.

I know plenty of guys that use cams and do not use bolted on boxes or go cutting away limbs some that leave them out long periods of times in many of the same units and do not lose them, but they also know they are taking a risk and accept that. You cam guys want the Rules changed , group up and talk to some representatives and see what can come of it... As far as not doing damage. in a state with forests dealing with Bark Beatles leaving holes and exposed cut limbs can be equivalent to killing a tree...

I've never seen a screw hurt a tree or heard of a screw ever hurting a tree used for cameras. Now on the other hand I've had several die because of elk rubbing them to death. It's crazy str8 shot thinks putting a screw in a tree is anything to be concerned about with how much trees go through in their life. Someone needs a hug or needs to hug more trees, which ever comes first.

• Like 1