Willyhunts2

Hopefully not your cam!

I think game cams are illegal in FS or BLM wilderness by this definition I think they mean handheld cameras. CFR-2011- title 36 section 261. Motorized equipment means any ma- chine activated by a nonliving power source except small battery-powered handcarried devices such as flashlights, shavers, Geiger counters, and cameras.

I would argue that it is a "small battery-powered hand carried device..." Either way, I'll call the authority having jurisdiction and if they say no go then I'll gladly pass.

If you wanted to argue it feel free. It took me 10 minutes to find it online so glad I could help you know where to look. Love the fact you like your own post.

• Like 1

Leave no trace. Means pack it in pack it out. Call fs office and they will tell the same. These areas are supposed to be where those who are able and want to work hard can go and enjoy gods creation without seeing junk people strapped to a tree. Seems like common sense to me but I guess entitle your self and do what you want.

Come on now, no need to call me entitled. If you actually knew me you'd know how silly that notion is. Like I said, no intention to just go "do what I want". I'll do my research and if it's wrong, I'll gladly leave them at home and still hike back into the wilderness with a smile on my face to hunt.

You claimed to know the rules well you missed this and continued to try to put your spin on the rules as stated. Well I read it this way. I believe is your argument. Anyway I just don't want to see wild areas taken over by the masses. Its nice and quiet and beautiful. Just want it to stay that way. The main advertisers on wilderness searches are usually leave no trace adds. If we read into this which I have it is very clear how to treat the land. I will admit the rules are scattered but I wasn't sure so I called more than 1 agency and they all answered no game cams. I was looking into outfitting and this was a revenue source so I asked what I could and could not do while working in wilderness areas.

Thanks guys, for keeping the world safe one Internet post at a time. Sorry for having doubted you at any point. Next time I will blindly follow what you have to say, since not a single one of you has been able to show me where it actually says "no trail cameras". I can definitely say this tops the books as one of the most ridiculous things I've dealt with. Like I said, I'll do MY OWN research and call the AHJ, if they say it's not allowed, there won't be a single cam hung by me. Thanks again guys, keep on Internet policing on.

For those who say they know the rules.... How many have read them ... These are the general rules and definitions and each category including Timber and Other Forest Products 261.6... http://www.fs.fed.us/lei/forest-rules.php ... Like I said I do not make them and I do not think as many Hunters are ignorant to them as much as they choose not to follow them ...

p.s. a CWT brawl in a National Forest would be breaking the law :P

Thanks guys, for keeping the world safe one Internet post at a time. Sorry for having doubted you at any point. Next time I will blindly follow what you have to say, since not a single one of you has been able to show me where it actually says "no trail cameras". I can definitely say this tops the books as one of the most ridiculous things I've dealt with. Like I said, I'll do MY OWN research and call the AHJ, if they say it's not allowed, there won't be a single cam hung by me. Thanks again guys, keep on Internet policing on.

JP .. I never said you can not use trail cameras .. but under the Law .. trail cameras are personal property that once left unattended for more than 24 hours considered abandoned... and cutting or defacing of a live tree is in violation...

I have a unit 10 bull tag and I bet some of you don't. :D

Carry on.... B)

• Like 1

I have a unit 10 bull tag and I bet some of you don't. :D

Carry on.... B)

That hunt can not come fast enough for you Murphy .... Some Good Looking Bulls with velvet peeling from tips are getting ready to start abusing trees ... Good luck on that Hunt

• Like 1

that sucks. sorry to see that.

one thing i do, its a pain in the tail but i do it anyway, is i keep some of the cheepo cams around and i mount them up high and out of sight facing down on my high dollar cams... anyone ever takes one of mine i hope they're ready for the rath...

even tho i hike and i think im out of range from most people, it just takes one person to find it and its gone.

just some thought...

Just a good ol'boys

Never meaning no harm

been running from the law

since the day they was born

Just a good ol'boys

Some day the Mountain may get them

but the law never will.

Not that anybody should ever broke the law or anything, but just think, there was a time when it was illegal to drink a beer B)

• Like 2

Just a good ol'boys

Never meaning no harm

Just a good ol'boys

but the law never will.

Not that anybody should ever broke the law or anything, but just think, there was a time when it was illegal to drink a beer B)

And smoke dope.

Just a good ol'boys

Never meaning no harm

Just a good ol'boys

but the law never will.

And smoke dope.

And burn the American flag.

My rights as an American gives me the right to trim or cut any tree I want. And screw in a lag bolt too. They are our forests. This does not harm the tree. Let them try and stop me. I speed all the time. Rules and laws are made to be broken.

• Like 1