desertmafia21

Cecil the Lion

Outfitters are at fault for any legal activity. PETA has turned this into their baby. That dentist is going to lose everything over their lunacy. I've been blasting the heck out of my friends on Facebook, mostly Californians, that are on the anti Hunter band wagon. You don't here a peep from these people when 5 servicemen defending our country are killed. But they jump all over this lion story.

• Like 8

If the dentist can't keep the cape, he should get a refund and an apology.

• Like 2

Wish there was this much passion when thousands of innocent babies are killed every year by Planned Parenthood. Nothing but crickets from social media and the mainstream media. Outrage across the world over an old lion.

They've elevated animals above humans. I say the day of reckoning for us mortals is fast approaching,

• Like 9

Honestly.. It's crazy. The lion was 13 when he was shot.. Average lion life span is 10-14. I just don't understand the rage. He could easily already be dead years ago, of natural causes.. His cape was undoubtedly going to be beautifully preserved and displayed and enjoyed by that hunter and his family for decades, instead of this lion dying of natural causes in 3-12 months somewhere in the sahara and getting eaten by vultures, and gone forever.

I get it he was a 'pet' whatever that even means, but lets have a little perspective...

• Like 4

I've pointed out to many that think Cecil was singing show tunes with the Zebras and turned vegetarian in their minds, that despite seeming tame to the tourists, I'm sure he had killed 100s of animals himself, including many lions. If I remember right, he will kill any Cubs that aren't his to remain the Pride Alfa male. Hope the bleeding hearts get to see some of that video.

• Like 2

Wish there was this much passion when thousands of innocent babies are killed every year by Planned Parenthood. Nothing but crickets from social media and the mainstream media. Outrage across the world over an old lion.

They've elevated animals above humans. I say the day of reckoning for us mortals is fast approaching,

Best comment on this thread!!!! Fo real
  • Like 5

Safari Club International has suspended the memberships of the hunter and professional hunter "pending the results of an investigation."

It is a fact that a hunter in a foreign country is at the mercy of his guide. The boundaries of Zimbabwe's national parks are not marked (or even fenced, in many instances) as is done here in the United States, and few hunters will ask the PH to show proof of a permit to hunt a lion in a unit next to a park.

The lion reportedly was lured from the park to the dentist's crossbow by dragging guts (probably a zebra's) behind a vehicle around the perimeter of the park and to a bait tree and the hunter's blind.

This is legal if the guts are not dragged inside the park, and it is a common way to bait lion and leopard. Most national parks in Zimbabwe and Zambia are surrounded by hunting concessions that provide the money needed to keep the parks open.

As for the collar, it depends on who is doing the research, and where. In one instance I know of, a researcher in Zambia claims the taking of collared animals provides useful information about the "offtake" by hunters. Also, Cecil's mane was so thick and long, it is possible the PH and hunter didn't see it before it was shot.

On the other hand, Cecil was well known and a spectacular animal -- much like a 450-point bull elk -- and the PH would certainly know it on sight.

The important thing to remember is that the PH and the outfitter both knew there was no quota for lion where they were hunting. The question is, did the hunter know that, too?

Bill Quimby

• Like 11

Outfitters are at fault for any legal activity. PETA has turned this into their baby. That dentist is going to lose everything over their lunacy. I've been blasting the heck out of my friends on Facebook, mostly Californians, that are on the anti Hunter band wagon. You don't here a peep from these people when 5 servicemen defending our country are killed. But they jump all over this lion story.

PETA has publically called for the dentist to be hanged.

You radical right wingers are just as bad as the left. Really fo sure And what does Planned Parenthood have to do with this thread????????

• Like 2