Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Steel gongs

This is the pricing from the site but they have some stuff there like the big pig target that are not on the site. They also had squares instead of round. Buy some of these which are really slick as well: http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Stand-Target/dp/B00JVX4JB8

If you have someone who can weld you can make some out of round tube for cheap as well.

Gong Style Targets:

4” Round x 3/8”Thick $10.99

6” Round x 3/8” Thick $15.99

6” Round x 1/2” Thick $23.99

8” Round x 3/8” Thick $21.99

10” Round x 3/8” Thick $35.99

10” Round x 1/2” Thick $46.99

IPSC Style Targets:

18” W x 26” H x 1/2” Thick $111.99

Sweet thanks for the info guys. i like that holder you posted up Rich, that thing was slick. I can weld, so i might just make my own, but those are a good option.

I have some made of aluminum tube I bought, let me know if you want me to dig them up and post a pic.

I think conduit with 2 pcs ~ 100 deg off a center point is the measurement, those two pcs are at ~90 from each other. You want the legs to lean away from the target so they are as far out of range as possible but still hold the weight. We shot one leg off one weekend, bullets go through rebar like butter.

I made some out of aluminum tube which was awesome to carry but got expensive on misses!

• Like 1

I bought all of mine local, ive had no problems with issues. Can also make custom order to size. I really love my 30" plate, and it really sucks draggin it around the desert ha ha. Pm me for more info

Nice stand Bowhnt, but I would like a little longer chain. The commercial Caldwell 10" is actually pretty nice for the $. Mine has taken multiple .340 Wby's at 300 yards with no problem, but it does tend to knock the gong off the chains once in a while so that is why I suggest you might want them longer to soak up a little more power.

Gongs are so much fun everyone should have several!

For my next gong I am going to check out Industrial Metal as I have been ordering mine from http://shootsteel.com/ with free shipping on special days. You can even get blemish gongs from them although I am not really sure what that means other than a lower price.

I've had the chain take hits and break. I use convair belt wrapped over the top bar and bolted to the plate. It can take hundreds of hits.

Tim, are there any factories or packing/industrial plants where you live? you can ask there. Or if you come by Yuma I can get you some.

Ernesto C.

Tim, are there any factories or packing/industrial plants where you live? you can ask there. Or if you come by Yuma I can get you some.

Ernesto C.

Rock quarry/ crushing operations always have used/ discarded conveyor belt

I've had cutting edge supply on 27th and McDowell cut them for me for free out of scrap ar500

Viper, I have been looking for conveyer belt. Where did you find a piece. Thanks Tim

My buddy got it...not sure.