Matapuercos

Brand new hunter

Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new hunter, well somewhat. The only thing I have ever hunted is pigeons in Puerto Rico for my cousin. We used to go to the Kmart parking lot and shoot them off the power lines with bb guns. Then my grandma would clean them and cook them for him. If it sounds nasty is because it is. I never tasted them, I think they are disgusting.

Now a little about myself. I moved to AZ from Puerto Rico about 22 years ago. I finished high school here and then join the Air Force. After 10 years in the AF I separated and joined the Air Guard. I'm also a BP Agent in Nogales.

I got drawn for 34A rifle hunt the first week in November. This whole hunting thing is consuming my life right now, in a good way. I've spent a lot of money in equipment and I'm still not done. My plan is to start scouting next month around the east side of the Santa Ritas. I'm going to be solo for the majority of my hunt since no one I know put in for the same dates, but I think it will still be fun. Youtube has been a great source of information on how to field dress and carry dear. This forum is also full of good info. Hopefully good luck will be with me.

Well that's it from me. I'd like wish everybody good luck, be careful and have fun.

• Like 11

Good luck. Even without success, your going to really enjoy your time afield.

• Like 2

I've taken a few wt out of Gardner Canyon years ago. But really enjoy 34b. Good luck.

What did you do in the USAF?. Let me guess, sp?

Welcome to the site and good first post introducing yourself. Good luck on your hunt and let us know how your hunt turns out. Thanks for your service. Wish I had some information about your area but I don't. Maybe someone will pm you and guide you in a good direction. Can't wait to see some pictures. :)

TJ

Welcome to the best site for hunting there is.

Thanks for your service in AF and now with BP.

Good luck on your hunt and let us know how it goes.

Oneshot????? Where are you??? lol. Pm oneshot, he has been very helpful in the past with info for those that have served. He may be able to give you a few pointers to start you in the right direction. Thanks for your service! And enjoy the Coues deer bug, it's infectious!

Look up the "Gutless method". Thank me later. Get a good pack and some good knives.

Thank you for your service, and continued support and protection.

• Like 3

I worked on the A-10. Then I went to Okinawa Japan and worked the test cell for the f-15 engine. Now I work on the F-16 engines for the guard. Still my favorite is the A-10. Old and ugly but still awesome.

I got a decent pair of binos and a decent rifle. I still need a havalon. I'm going to have to google that think 'cause I have no idea what it is.

• Like 2

I worked on the A-10. Then I went to Okinawa Japan and worked the test cell for the f-15 engine. Now I work on the F-16 engines for the guard. Still my favorite is the A-10. Old and ugly but still awesome.

I got a decent pair of binos and a decent rifle. I still need a havalon. I'm going to have to google that think 'cause I have no idea what it is.

I've called in A10's for close support. Yea they are my favorite too.

• Like 2