Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Gun mistakes

I haven't owned a crappy gun yet. Even with the rubber band pistol I had was killing flies on every single shot!

Ernesto C

• Like 2

My mistake was the kel-tec sub 2000. Rifle folds in half, and as an added feature fires only half the magazine. Not only was it unreliable, it was also sprayed the rounds it did fire. POS

ruger P85. Never jammed but never hit much either.grip sucked to.

second on the P85. That handgun helped me lose interest in semi auto handguns for a long time.

My Marlin 39A. Bought it new in '09. It was built at the New Haven plant, but it was a period when the new Rem ownership was radically changing the manufacturing process in an effort to speed-up rate of production. Lots of bad rifles made during that time period and the subsequent move and transition period.

The rifle has had a fail to fire issue and has been back to Marlin twice and a couple gunsmiths and yet the problem persists. Wouldn't feel right selling it, so I am sitting on it and waiting to see what happens with Marlin.

Springfield GI 1911 . Never could get through an entire mag with jamming. Usually twice.

A Remington 7400 or 7600 the pump action it would pattern under 18" and kicked like a f buckin mule. Pros is we paid $375 for it with a Leopold scope traded it in for $300 on my 25-06 that has been the best $75 scope I have ever bought

7400 was the autoloaders carbine. My dad had one, lost the tip of his thumb while trying to clear a jam and the bolt flew forward.

My neighbor here has one also and never stops whining about it.

Hi-Point 380 biggest waste of money ever - never loaded smoothly always a hang-up and you never knew if it would fire - pull trigger nothing - then when you expect nothing- 3-4th pull - it would scare the crap out you when it went off

never made it thru a box of shells before it was gone out the door - hope the next guy had better luck- he want a gun to dinker with in training for gunsmith - well he got one

definitely was the worst gun I've ever owned

Remington speedmaster I believe it was called... beautiful but dangerous. it would fire 2-3 round full auto bursts when dirty then jam.. not sure why

Seems like only misfire issues always claimed by the autos, have had few 22lr pistols and rilfes not like dirty ammo but my 597 functioned flawlessly.

Had 1 semi auto rem rifle in .243 that always fired but somehow once had a live round end up behind the bolt IM NOT SURE HOW

AMT Harballer 1911. Jammed every two or three shots no matter what ammo! POS forever.

Was this b4 or after u were .38 Super spoiled 4ever?

Way before! Traded that boat anchor for 629 4 inch barrel. Kicked like a mule. Then my buddy traded me for the Colt 1911 he spent 2 years building up. He was afraid to shoot it and knew I would shoot the heck out of it. Spoiled on Colt 1911's forever! I'll post a pic of the other one later.

• Like 1

RG 22 revolver. Horrible pistol- sprayed lead or powder out the side of cylinder. I didn't feel right selling it to anyone so I got $50 for it at a police buy back program.

• Like 1

AMT Harballer 1911. Jammed every two or three shots no matter what ammo! POS forever.

Was this b4 or after u were .38 Super spoiled 4ever?

Way before! Traded that boat anchor for 629 4 inch barrel. Kicked like a mule. Then my buddy traded me for the Colt 1911 he spent 2 years building up. He was afraid to shoot it and knew I would shoot the heck out of it. Spoiled on Colt 1911's forever! I'll post a pic of the other one later.

Here ya go Tim.

post-5669-0-24726700-1440426205_thumb.jpg

Sweet, that's a keeper. I don't recall those grips being on it?

This is the semi custom 45 not the 38 Super. The Super is going to stay completely original. It's worth serious money with that serial number.