Sneaker

Camera Etiquitte

One of my cameras has been on a G&F catchment all summer. Lots of game coming in, a couple good bucks. Camera is like 12' up in a tree. The last time I go check it, someone had climbed the tree and physically rotated my camera like 90 degrees so it isn't facing the water any longer, and a different camera is now mounted on a tree right at the water. Thanks for not stealing my camera, seriously, thanks.

Then by chance, a few days later, I'm on Facebook and see a picture on a Guide Service from Prescott's page from that very camera and one of the nice bucks at the water!! I didn't see it happen, but it makes a guy wonder...

Good luck on everyone's hunts! and don't forget to smile for all of the trail cameras that are taking your picture without permission;)

• Like 4

Man that sucks, but at least your camera was still there! One of the reasons I am hesitant to put out my Cam is the chance of it getting stolen.

I recently had someone take the SD card out of mine and turn it off, but not steal it.

I guess in their mind stealing the card was ethical if they left the camera.

I recently had someone take the SD card out of mine and turn it off, but not steal it.

Could be your cam caught someone in a compromising position. They in turn handled it best they could.

• Like 1

A guide service possibly messed with your camera? Say it isn't so! At least they didn't steal it. I'm sure they still think their paying client has more right to the foot than you even though you've been watching all summer.

• Like 5

I just can't see how people justify messing with other peoples gear. I mean, sure, I'm not above leaving some interesting pictures for them to find, and there may be a couple pantless trail cam pics of me floating around the web some where... but it just aint right to manhandle someone else's equipment. At least not until after they've bought you a drink or two...

I just can't see how people justify messing with other peoples gear. I mean, sure, I'm not above leaving some interesting pictures for them to find, and there may be a couple pantless trail cam pics of me floating around the web some where... but it just aint right to manhandle someone else's equipment. At least not until after they've bought you a drink or two...

Greed, entitlement, money, bragging rights, etc.

Could be your cam caught someone in a compromising position. They in turn handled it best they could.

You mean like some Brokeback Cowboys?

• Like 2

I had a couple cams 4 miles from the road once. I had them up for 2 months. Someone found one and turned it off the 2nd week it was up. My last pic was him walking up to it. I was happy he didn't take it.

Had a cam stolen on a farm in TN last year after the leaves came off... This year I put one up in a tree and trimmed branches to build around it a little and my second cam is almost on the ground looking up but hidden in an old debris pile from a barn. The only guy who has messed with that was a coon who was admiring his reflection in the lens!

• Like 1

Proper etiquette? Of course, it starts with a proper display of a full moon. Then, you hang your camera directly above his in the same tree (psychologically, you are dominating the lesser man in this position), facing the same direction so you both capture pictures (assuming comparable camera trigger speeds on the cameras...but of course mine is better) of the same animals.

Then, when the season starts...let the best Hunter win!

• Like 3

One of my cameras has been on a G&F catchment all summer. Lots of game coming in, a couple good bucks. Camera is like 12' up in a tree. The last time I go check it, someone had climbed the tree and physically rotated my camera like 90 degrees so it isn't facing the water any longer, and a different camera is now mounted on a tree right at the water. Thanks for not stealing my camera, seriously, thanks.

Then by chance, a few days later, I'm on Facebook and see a picture on a Guide Service from Prescott's page from that very camera and one of the nice bucks at the water!! I didn't see it happen, but it makes a guy wonder...

Good luck on everyone's hunts! and don't forget to smile for all of the trail cameras that are taking your picture without permission;)

That is why you take some fishing line and a nice big feather to hang in front of their camera on a stick about 6 ft. out. Wonder how fast an SD card can get filled or batteries die with movement. I never get mad I just get even. I hope you moved your camera since it was still there.