Sneaker

Camera Etiquitte

I had this happen near Prescott, there was a camera already at the waterhole, I waved as I went by and set my cam up about 20 yards away. I had it set to video, when I went to check on it the camera was turned facing 180 from the waterhole, I had a video of a guy with a camera in his hand walking up to mine and turning it. Least he didn't take it, I have the same guy on another camera about 2 miles away from this one.

I've had my camera turned off before. I've also had it rotated up pointing to the sky. Very thankful they didn't break or take it. I just don't understand the reasoning. I have my cell number on the side and another hunter called me to let me know. He even rotated it back into position for me until I could get back out there. He was from the pinal county search and rescue.

I had a camera in 19 a get knocked off a tree by a cow then drug down near the water. Then Some fella was walking the tank he looked around a bit then Rehung it for me.

I got to see all this because I had another camera on the other side of the tank.

• Like 3

I had a camera in 19 a get knocked off a tree by a cow then drug down near the water. Then Some fella was walking the tank he looked around a bit then Rehung it for me.

I got to see all this because I had another camera on the other side of the tank.

Thats really cool. You're probably the only one on here that has that positive story to tell.

• Like 1

Thats really cool. You're probably the only one on here that has that positive story to tell.

I understand that.

Any more most people either don't know why they hunt or the entire spirt of the hunt has completely escaped them. It's either a blatant exploitation to make money or a penis size contest. I refuse to participate in either. I just like to kill animals and eat them.

• Like 4

My best was hiking back until my out of shape butt was tired, hung the camera on a trail and hobbled back. When I checked it the were two couples that looked like they were in their late 60's walking around the camera. They didnt even look winded!

I found a camera in 27 near a salt lick that had been knocked off a tree by a bear or something. I picked it up and rehung it. A couple weeks later at a trail head we were talking to a couple who happened to own that camera. When I told them the story she started laughing and said they had wondered what had happened as their camera showed a bear and then straight up at the sky and then the pics were back on the tree of the salt lick.

• Like 1

I read this thread and scratch my head. Everyone expects others to be nice and to not touch their Camera...sounds like a bunch of Democrats.

I have had it with cameras on every waterhole I come across. We all like to walk a waterhole to get an idea of what is around but not to have our photo and video

taken.

I visited 6 waterholes this last weekend, 2 in the wilderness of which one was 1.5 mi past the "barrier". Of course, most likely, the camera owner drove past the barrier and into the wilderness to access the camera.

My "camera Etiquette" has changed from acceptance to, If i had my 9mm with me I would have put multiple bullet holes in these cameras and most likely will the next time I am in the wilderness!

I believe it is a question of fair chase. Get out and pound the dirt to scout instead of a single camera providing 8,760 hours a year doing it for you!

• Like 1

Any more most people either don't know why they hunt or the entire spirt of the hunt has completely escaped them. It's either a blatant exploitation to make money or a penis size contest. I refuse to participate in either. I just like to kill animals and eat them.

This thread plus one of the others today...starting to think we're cut from the same cloth oz. Spot on.

Gave a thumbs-up to a camera in 4B over the weekend after spotting the accompanying blind. Hope you killed a bruiser.

Only one moving my cameras lately is my kids...something was in the yard the other night (maybe bobcats return visit) but all I got was sky and tree.

This thread plus one of the others today...starting to think we're cut from the same cloth oz. Spot on.

Gave a thumbs-up to a camera in 4B over the weekend after spotting the accompanying blind. Hope you killed a bruiser.

Only one moving my cameras lately is my kids...something was in the yard the other night (maybe bobcats return visit) but all I got was sky and tree.

Birds of a feather.

My opinion is to ban cameras and go old school. We will see who the hunters really are.

• Like 2

I once walked up to on of my cameras that was on an old salt hole and noticed another camera strapped to a tree that I had not noticed before. I didn't know if it was always there or not cuz I never had walked up to the hole... but what caught my eye that day was that it was pointed the opposite direction that it should have been. It was just strapped on the tree so I assumed a bear or a nosey cow elk had turned it cuz I had no human pics what so ever. So I went to the camera, was gunna turn it around, in doing so I opened it to see if it was still working and a note written to ME was in it! :o It read, "I know who you are and my buddy told me you have a camera here, if you Touch my camera I will hunt you down." There were explicative words included :rolleyes: ...So I put the note back, closed the camera and left it pointed the wrong direction! Hahaha... He said don't touch it... so I already went to far by reaching the note but honored his wished from there... :ph34r: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: