Sign in to follow this  
Sneaker

No Guide Fees

And I am sure they have quiet a few dedicated Non Res Strip guys paying and waiting ... only thing I did not see was if by miracle you draw 2 years in a row

If they change the non resident draw like they are proposing less non residents will draw tags in AZ this is a brilliant idea they came up with.

• Like 1

If I read this correct it's not just for strip tags. So I could pay 349 for one year and draw unit 10 and a guide only will cost me $349 if I draw the first year...... How do they make money on that?

I think they are planning on the majority of people taking quite a few years to draw these tags. I'm sure they calculated draw odds vs cost when coming up with this plan. Even if they do make a little less, they will have regular income throughout the year, year after year. Wouldn't be surprised to see more outfitters do something like this.

• Like 2

Brilliant!

• Like 1

I bet that the first year you only get a 1 day hunt, 2nd year a 2 day hunt, etc until you build up to a whole hunt. If you draw after 1 year and get a 1 day guided hunt they will sell you the rest of the hunt at full price.

Just my guess, I know nothing about this but do know that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Its pretty easy math. 1 hunter x $6,000 = $6,000 in outfitter's pocket, he makes $3k, MAYBE on a good day. Or . . . 20 applicants x $350 - $7,000 and if no one draws, there is no cost to the outfitter. It won't take long for this method to pay for itself. His client base went from 5 guys to 500 guys instantly.

Good business if you ask me.

• Like 4

Its pretty easy math. 1 hunter x $6,000 = $6,000 in outfitter's pocket, he makes $3k, MAYBE on a good day. Or . . . 20 applicants x $350 - $7,000 and if no one draws, there is no cost to the outfitter. It won't take long for this method to pay for itself. His client base went from 5 guys to 500 guys instantly.

Good business if you ask me.

Don't bring that devil's magic, known as math, on here(totally kidding Flatlander).The business model is solid and definitely constructed around non-residents with poorer draw odds. These outfitters have a constant monthly income and when they dont have a client, who's been drawn in this system, they can grab one from outside this membership pool.
  • Like 1