Sign in to follow this  
C.Shoemaker

Buffalo liver

Recently helped a friend on archery buffalo hunt. While waiting around at camp, another hunter came by asking for help with his downed buff. He planned to leave the liver for the coyotes, so I took it. Anyone have good liver recipes

Slice it and cook it in butter with lots of salt and pepper.

Then throw it out and go to What-a-Burger.

Liver is fecal matter of lucifer.

• Like 3

Rinse the openings (arteries and such) really good with water and a bit of salt. Soak it a day or so in water, wine, or milk after that. Slice it thin and cook with onions and mushrooms in butter. Serve with a good veggie, Brussel sprouts, asparagus, chunked sweet potatoes. Fresh buttered rye or sour dough on the side. Mmmmm!!

Dredge in flour and cook in skillet with oil. Sauté some onions and top off on cooked liver! Delicious!

You can also chop up the cooked liver and mix it in with your scrambled eggs for a scrumptious breakfast!

Growing up, every Thursday was beef liver night at our house. The key is to get quality, pasture raised beef liver. Not that junk at the grocery store!

• Like 2

Dredge in flour and cook in skillet with oil. Sauté some onions and top off on cooked liver! Delicious!

You can also chop up the cooked liver and mix it in with your scrambled eggs for a scrumptious breakfast!

Growing up, every Thursday was beef liver night at our house. The key is to get quality, pasture raised beef liver. Not that junk at the grocery store!

Just as described. I like mustard on mine!

if you look up liver in the dicksunary it says "good way to screw up onions". the buffalo hunters used to skin back a hind leg and make a little bowl outta the flesh side of the hide, then take the gall bladder and squeeze out the bile then into the bowl, then cut the liver up in chunks and dip it in the bile and eat it raw. i'm sure this was to make the liver a little more gaggable. that and it just ain't right to shove chunks up a dead buf's butt before you eat it to improve the taste. Lark.

• Like 1

Infuse a turd with garlic, wrap it in bacon, deep fry it, eat it and use the liver for catfish bait.