Sign in to follow this  
SPOTnSTALKer

Expired

Winchester 94 in 30-30 open sights, and a savage 110 fcp 300win topped with a vortex razor gen 2. Depends on what spot I am hunting that day.

Weatherby Vanguard Sporter in 257 Wby with leupold vxl 3 4.5-14x50 Working on load now Barnes 100 grn TTSX or berger VLD

Model 70 Win..270 loaded with 130 gr. Berger VLD's or Rem 700 7MM Rem Mag with 140 Gr. VLD's depending on where I am hunting that day both rifles topped with Nikon 3x9 x40s

My dedicated Coues rifle: Mexican Mauser action, Krieger barrel, Rimrock stock, chambered in .257 AI.

hunterjohnny, no there is not. at least not for folks without serious behaviorial disorders. i mean there's others that'll work and sometimes i use em just to keep myself sharp, because a .270 is so far superior that it's kinda like cheatin'. Lark.

• Like 3

Both deer in my avatar were taken with a .270 and my own reloads. Jack O'Connor new a thing or 2 about rifles.

picture in my signature

Shilen Custom 6.5 Creedmoor built by me.

• Like 2

I'll be using my favorite tack driver: Sako 85 Finnlight in .270.

camera this year. Other then that, savage 116 300wsm for me. Rem 700 7mm for the wife. Kids switch off the savage 116 243, 308, or the win 7mm.

Savage LRH in 6.5x284, 140gr Amax handloads, Vortex HSLR (FFP) and the back up will be a Rem 700 stainless 25/06 that I just finished with 115gr Bergers

6.5 SAUM or 300 Win mag I still haven't decided. This will be my first deer hunt with suppressors, and I am stoked!