Sign in to follow this  
gotcoues

Shameless Outfitter

BTW I hate watermarks I just see why people do it...

What would keep this guy from slapping "his" watermark on their photo? This is the side of hunting I know nothing about.

It wouldn't but it takes quite a bit of time to photoshop the previous watermark or logo off and make it look good.

• Like 1

The saddest part is that we have to have this conversation. Really detracts from everything most of us "hunt" for.

• Like 2

I can't agree more that when money comes into the picture it all changes. Its not hunting anymore, its business, and with that comes all of the nonsense. I have a few friends that are still guiding and they won't even share pics with me unless they are "officially" released and have whoever's watermark on it. Its ridiculous. I have no interest in where the pic comes from, I just like to see photos of big animals. Heck, I don't even have a tag! Its just really weird and sad that guiding can come before friendship but that's what the almighty dollar can do to people. I agree with someone's post on seeing a big bull trophy shot and there are so many people its hard to fit them all into the screen! I'm just old I guess, I feel like hunting should be more about the hunt itself than the outcome.

• Like 3

Pure skulduggery and chicanery, if you ask me.

them are some fancy words that I ain't learned about. Pure inconsiderate and askin fer a good ol butt whipping. Is what I would do.
  • Like 2

"What would keep this guy from slapping "his" watermark on their photo? This is the side of hunting I know nothing about."

"It wouldn't but it takes quite a bit of time to photoshop the watermark or logo off and make it look good.

I don't think so. Before I retired in 1999, I used a now defunct photo enhancement program to "improve" photos for books and glossy magazines, and it wasn't difficult or time-consuming if something I wanted to remove or replace didn't go across something critical, such as a face. The Photoshop software everyone uses now is a thousand miles ahead of what we used back then.

Bill Quimby

Those are totally those return labels that outdoor foundations send out when they are trying to get you to join! 😂

That's right up the road from where I work, I can go check the place out...

Call him and ask for the two guys names (you guys) and phone numbers so you can call them for a referral cause they obviously had a great hunt cause you are considering booking. See who he gives you if any. Make him dig his own hole. Let him in on it after you get any info.

• Like 3