couesmagnet

mass and trash

We were lucky,blessed, and fortunate to have harvested this buck this year. It's been a long journey to harvest this buck, after 3 years of hunting him. Last year, we hunted him for 7 days with the rifle, and came close to getting him, but in typical coues fashion he gave us the slip. It's the only buck that we've decided to go after that didn't end up taking a dirt nap at the end of the hunt. This year we decided to go hard for him, and made it a personal goal to get r done. On saturday i spotted him less than 90 yards from my brother feeding before dark. He was in some thick stuff and with no elevation to shoot from, we decided to back out hoping he would end up on a more open hillside nearby the next day. Sunday morning i glassed him below my brother about a 160 yards. My brother promptly dispatched the buck and the celebration began. The previous year the buck had maybe 7 inches of trash more than this year, but this year he had added at least 4 inches of mass.. The buck has over 35 inches of mass, and is our families heaviest deer mass wise. It was an honor to be there with my dad, and just my family. This is my brother jason's 10th buck over 110, his 3rd buck over 120, and his 14th buck over a 100 inches. I'm blessed to have learned several things about hunting from my brother jason over the years, the most important being how to glass. I've learned over the years that without luck, and God's blessing, one tends to go home empty handed. The buck ended up grossing 122 inches, and we couldn't be happier. Coues deer are the most cunning and impressive animal we've ever hunted, and it's such an honor to walk up on a giant. Thanks dad for taking the time to take us hunting when we were young!!!!!!!!

post-9064-0-80532800-1446310180_thumb.jpg

post-9064-0-10578700-1446310195_thumb.jpg

post-9064-0-73023900-1446310208_thumb.jpg

• Like 33

You sure that aint a muley? Just kidding. Holy crap that is nice...................BOB!

Holy coues buck. Absolute giant I love the mass. You guys are some coues killing machines. Congrats on another stud buck!!!!