Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Release the Fish?!?!?!

That was awesome!

• Like 1

I can relate! My bro is a big time purist fly fisherman....while I'm a drown worms and cooler of beer guy! Makes it interesting when I visit him in Colorado.........especially when I catch more fish! Yeah....it eat them too!

LOL!

I can relate! My bro is a big time purist fly fisherman....while I'm a drown worms and cooler of beer guy! Makes it interesting when I visit him in Colorado.........especially when I catch more fish! Yeah....it eat them too!

LOL!

that's "I eat them too!"

Awesome!

I have a buddy that is all "river runs through it" and keeps trying to get me to go all in on the fly fishing. With my addictive perfectionist personality it is one hobby I have avoided like the plague! Maybe in retirement when I have time to be consumed.

My dad, who is one of the best fishermen I have ever known and pretty much out fishes all of the guys we fish with still, has also avoided fly fishing (he is all consumed by Bass). He and my buddy go at it just like Hank and the crew and it is hilarious! "can of corn", "worm drowner", "bottle cap thrower", "tree snagger", "girl shirts" it goes on all weekend! When my old man wants it to end he always pauses and asks him "how many fish did you catch" pretty much silence... Then he says "thats why I ain't got time for that I am too busy caching fish!".

I will say we release everything these days unless the kids are begging for a fish fry.

Fly fishing is one of my greatest loves. I can easily see how people get snobby about it. My snobby-ness only goes as far as I'd rather fish a dry fly than a nymph. I simply love fishing too much to be a fly fishing snob. I grew up in central Iowa spending almost every free weekend in the summer catching catfish with stinkbait on the Des Moines River below Red Rock Dam. How can anyone who has those roots be an elitist? And let me tell you, that Doc's stinkbait looks an awful lot like peanut butter, so its easy to not realize it when it gets on your PB&J! But it sure as #%$# doesn't taste like peanut butter!

• Like 3

:blink: I just involuntarily gagged thinking about the stink bait peanut butter!

• Like 1

:blink: I just involuntarily gagged thinking about the stink bait peanut butter!

If I remember correctly, mine was both a voluntary and involuntary gag! But it was the only lunch I had, so I kinda made do! I was too young gor beer back then, but I chugged a Pepsi or two!