DesertBull

Target Panic Cure?

Do you think you can hunt with a back tension release? Or is it just for practice and you back to a trigger for hunting

Guest 300ultramag.

its your mind sayin now! Pull now! Now ! Did you pull it yet?? Go now!!! Now!

Lol just settle over your mark and punch it in there.

my release is like a trigger on a rifle. Fully adjustable made by spot Hogg. its pretty solid

go out before season and sling some arrows at some rabbits... don't stress it's supposed to be fun.

I got a little bigger stabilizer helped me with longer yardages...

James

I use a back tension for everything. And the same one for years. Blank bail with your eyes closed over and over to build the muscle memory for shooting a back tension. Shoot until you no longer need to think about the release at all. Aim Aim Aim

When the time comes it will go off and fly true. And if need be you can MAKE it go off. Not recommended but it can be done.

Have someone pull the trigger for you why you only focus on holding the pin on target. You will feel a true release. This forces you to hold on target not knowing when the release comes.

• Like 1

Have someone pull the trigger for you why you only focus on holding the pin on target. You will feel a true release. This forces you to hold on target not knowing when the release comes.

Not too convenient for hunting. Hahah

I don't archery hunt any more but with rifle I never look at the antlers. Not braggin but had very few bad shots in many years of hunting. Helps to pop 2 xanez as soon as I get on an animal too. That calms me down.............BOB!

Lower your draw weight a bunch and do what some of the others have mentioned above. Blind, no shot, 5 yds with a BIG bulls eye etc.... It works for me after randy ulmer recommended these steps. I also changed to a thumb release and never shoot when tired.

I have to go back and do these things all the time to stay on top of TP. This stuff sucks when you get it but you can work thru it... Good luck..

DesertBull, I had an episode with target panic. It can be very defeating feeling. Also tried a few of the common tactics. After all that was attempted the one thing teemed to help was a combination of changes in my bow.

First I backed my poundage off, then adjusted my draw 1/2" shorter...Then nearly everyday I would shoot a dozen arrows at a distance of 2 yds in my garage. Point blank, no concern for where I was aiming. Just hit the target. Focusing on the technique of holding the bow and releasing an arrow. Eventually my feeling of panic was diminishing. To be quit honest I was getting bored with it ha-ha. Anyhow it seemed to break whatever habit that I developed. Looking back I felt it was the draw poundage that I was mentally focusing on instead of aiming, shooting properly. I had shot bows for years and freaked out about not hitting my intended point of impact. After allowing muscle memory to redeveloped and additional strength, conditioning it was solved. Good luck, don't give up!