Been there, done that! Took a friend out one time. When we met he had invited someone else without asking. Not much I could say at that point. We went to one of my spots and had a great day. Went back the next weekend and the friends friend was there with a bunch of other guys. Talk about being pissed off.

Guest 300ultramag.

This is a good reminder for me. Some times I get burned out hunting solo all the time but this is a good reminder what comes with bringing a buddy.

• Like 1

This is a great thread. I've been hunting all over AZ most of my adult life and branching out to NM. I have 3 sons and try to get them tags wherever I can. Sometimes I end up with tags in areas I don't know much about and ask for help - usually on this forum. So many people have come forward and helped out, it only seems right to share. The "Pay it forward" mentality.

It's one thing to find a honey hole, blab it, then complain when you show up at the end of the line. At the same time, it can be very rewarding to help someone out who doesn't know where to start, give them some pointers and let them succeed or fail based on how they use the info.

I've had spots ruined not by telling anyone where they were, but just by putting up success pictures here. I've also had areas I was very secretive about get ruined when someone stumbles on them and then tells everyone. I actually have a good story on that for later.

My take is, I want to help people out who are less experienced and need a starting point. But there's a lot of people on all these threads who just want to get info, and have to intention or ability to give back.

• Like 8

Guest 300ultramag.

I agree coach. Well put. I think the disconnect here is the value that somebody places on such intel. because every buddy, has another buddy and so on.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

Love the personal attacks and assumptions .. DEMOCRAT .. LMAO ... I have been hunting and fishing AZ most my life ( minus a 10 year break from most hunting while married and starting a family) ..... been in the woods or on the lake since I could walk pretty much... I have pointed out on this site locations of several big bull and buck kills By just seeing the pic and after PMs from posters asking me to keep it on the down low , I deleted the responses ... I do not know every inch of the state but know the majority of many popular units. When I am on the lake I may BS about what and where I am catching , but if I know someone going who asks for advice I give honest advice and could care less if they end up there again and I run into them... The same goes for hunting , I have pointed and out people in areas many times over the years and on a few occasions given very very specific info at which time I ask them to keep it tight lipped, but if I draw that unit the same time as a guy I helped and find him hanging around, the last thing I will do is get upset with him or about... I am saying if you have specific expectations about keeping something tight lipped then communicate it .. do not assume anything , because when it comes to people I assume they are always going to take advantage of any knowledge they have to help the achieve a goal... To many tight asses and transplants on this sight and in this state that think they own a spot of public land and that they are the only ones to know about it.... unless it is private or land locked odds are others have been there doing the same thing you are doing at one time or another and who is to say that one of the guys he was with was not privy to the spot as well ... bash all you want it only reflects the low quality breeding you come from .. now go thump on your bibles!

Cool story bro.

This is a great thread. I've been hunting all over AZ most of my adult life and branching out to NM. I have 3 sons and try to get them tags wherever I can. Sometimes I end up with tags in areas I don't know much about and ask for help - usually on this forum. So many people have come forward and helped out, it only seems right to share. The "Pay it forward" mentality.

It's one thing to find a honey hole, blab it, then complain when you show up at the end of the line. At the same time, it can be very rewarding to help someone out who doesn't know where to start, give them some pointers and let them succeed or fail based on how they use the info.

I've had spots ruined not by telling anyone where they were, but just by putting up success pictures here. I've also had areas I was very secretive about get ruined when someone stumbles on them and then tells everyone. I actually have a good story on that for later.

My take is, I want to help people out who are less experienced and need a starting point. But there's a lot of people on all these threads who just want to get info, and have to intention or ability to give back.

I asked for help just a month ago 2 guys gave me info one asked to not say a word the other did not. It is my choice to not tell the information the from either one as a thank you. And as for my spots when I take someone to the spots I hunt I want it hush hush and tell them that right muledeerarea33 it should go unspoken.

I'm not tellin anyone lol

I know you would not tell just had to give you a hard time

To clear it all up it is an unwritten law. If someone helps and points you in the right direction then respect his time and knowledge and keep quiet. I brought him to my spot where I shoot at least 10 birds within a couple hours so yes it's a hot spot. I never thought a couple days later I would find him and his buddies there on a weekday. I guess he didn't think I'd be out there. Oh well. I'll be back at it Saturday with my dogs and make it work in a different spot.

• Like 4

I thought I was helping a fellow hunter out by putting him on birds last weekend and letting him hunt over a good dog. Went out this morning and sure enough his truck is in the spot I showed him and he's not alone. 3 other hunters with him chasing quail all over. I know it's public land and I don't own it, but I thought there was some respect between hunters on keeping an area quiet. I won't name drop but you know who you are and thats pretty messed up.

You come on here whining about respect while being disrespectful is about the height of hypocrisy.

I saw your thread for quail hunting and pm'd ya. We had a back and forth. I didn't need you to put me on birds, got them out my back doors and that's where I ended up, but would have gladly put you on them closer to your house.

Half way into our discussion, I'm putting my gear together, pm'd you my phone # as to where to meet up, then silence. You think it's cool to leave another hunter hanging that way, bro then looks to me like you got your just desserts. A simple call or pm saying your plans had changed is how a man would have handled it.

I didn't come on your threads and whine, didn't tell you how I felt about your disrespect, figured you'd have to learn more about life first. Suck it up. Lmao

Anytime you put a stranger or friend onto game, there's a good chance this will happen. Go solo or expect the occasional turd sandwich

• Like 1

Hmm was not even talking about you Mr edge. It was another hunter. I never received your number on this site. So not sure where your coming from. If you got birds in your yard why do you message me then?

To clear it all up it is an unwritten law. If someone helps and points you in the right direction then respect his time and knowledge and keep quiet. I brought him to my spot where I shoot at least 10 birds within a couple hours so yes it's a hot spot. I never thought a couple days later I would find him and his buddies there on a weekday. I guess he didn't think I'd be out there. Oh well. I'll be back at it Saturday with my dogs and make it work in a different spot.

I think it's awesome that you invited others to go out bird hunting with you. I want to go (will keep areas to myself)!

I think it was wrong for whomever it was you took out to take his friends out to that spot, whether you asked him not to or not.

I hope that the negative responses you've recieved on here doesn't deter your good intentions.

Tommy

• Like 1

Hmm was not even talking about you Mr edge. It was another hunter. I never received your number on this site. So not sure where your coming from. If you got birds in your yard why do you message me then?

I know you're not talking about me duh, and yes I pm'd you my number, resended it 12 hours later when you flaked. You know exactly where im coming from. Grow up and try and ad some honesty to your character.

Why did I answer your thread about hunting is a stupid question, everyone on here loves hunting and some of us like meeting new folks to share the outdoors with.

However, your pissy, arrogant attitude serves as a reminder that a hunting trip with good buddies or solo is the best way to go.