After 51 years of applying, I finally drew a sheep tag. I said I would take my time and

enjoy the experience rather than try to kill the biggest ram in the unit on day one.

The other 3 tag holders filled in 1 to 5 days with rams in the 160s. All had big camps with helpers. One must have had 20.

I'm hunting with my wife who has been a real trooper. We have seen sheep most every day and rams most days. I've taken many pics and wished I had a better photo setup. I've

tried to attach some.

My big problem seems to be judging them. We have the whole month and am pretty sure

we can kill a beautiful ram. I'm told that there are 170-180 rams here and I may well

have passed on one or more, I just don't have much confidence judging score.

Well, that's a summary of the sheep hunt in 44BN.

Bruce

post-1325-0-16412200-1449946182_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-69319800-1449946272_thumb.jpg

post-1325-0-42439000-1449946299_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Sounds fun. Keep us posted.

If you need help, just ask.... There's a few of is on the west side. It would not take long to get there

Lots of people with good eyes on here that would be willing to help. The ram in the last pic looks like he needs a closer look

• Like 2

I've been on four successful sheep hunts including one of my own, I don't claim to know everything but I know enough to to help. I am on the west side and have some time off work towards the end of the month. Keep us posted as I may be able to come out and help for a few days.

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

-Ryan

Just a quick follow-up ( can't figure out how to edit the original post ). A friend interpreted the post as an "SOS", ie the hunt was not going well. Quite the contrary, the hunt is everything I hoped it would be and I just thought I would share some pics! I just hope when I decide to pull the trigger, I am at least close to correct on the eventual score, whether he is a "book" ram or a pretty ram.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and the offers to help!

Bruce

PS. In case you may have missed it, the pic of the lone ram also has doe deer in the same frame. I just thought that was neat. The ram was at about 40 yards and the pic was taken out the truck window. He could not have cared less that we were there.

Thanks again guys for reading the post.

Nice to see DIY. After a few weeks of seeing the rams you're looking at, you'll know for dang sure when you see a bigger one....You're the last hunter in the unit, those back up rams will be easy for you to find....Keep up the good fight man.

• Like 3

You are doing it right,enjoy the ride.