Sign in to follow this  
BMart

Feral Goats?

Goats and pigs are considered ferel in the state of Arizona. Kinda like the treestand and camera contaversy. Once they hit public land unattended they are considered abandoned according to the rules.

If there is an active grazing permit for the land they inhabit it may be illegal to shoot em. I'd dang sure make sure it's ok. There are feral hogs all over on public land around redding. You cant shoot em if you don't have permission. Lark

So... what did you figure out??

this am, mcdowells way up....not sure if fair game...see post under campfire...I would hate to shoot and see a collar with a name on it

post-8870-0-32022000-1452368508_thumb.jpg

post-8870-0-62948200-1452368509_thumb.jpg

post-8870-0-20140000-1452368511_thumb.jpg

post-8870-0-39252900-1452368514_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kinda reminds me of the feral mule I saw during my rifle hunt in a border unit this year. He likes the rocks too. He may be a better climber than that goat though. You'll have to zoom in I was kinda far away. Look for white. post-256-0-36294100-1452373256_thumb.jpg

I went back today and didn't see the goats but did see 10 MD bucks, none big enough to shoot in January. Still waiting on a call from the game warden to see if I can shoot the goats. I'll call again on Monday and leave another message with him.

Can somebody rotate the picture for me please. I have no idea how to do it.

post-8895-0-50882700-1452382320_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

If We keep Montanans out of the State the population won't explode.....LOL. That was a running joke in N Dakota....................BOB!

**UPDATE**

So, this turned out a little different than I expected, thought I would share.

I've left 5 messages with the Tucson G&F office to have the unit manager call me to see if I can legally hunt this goats. I never received a call back.

Last week I'm sitting in my office and a coworker from the office across the street comes over and tells me he saw my post on here about the goats. He asked me if there was a black one and a brown/white one?.....um, yes. "Were they on the top of XYZ hill?"...........um, yes. "Oh, I saw those goats too", he says, "I have pictures of them sitting in my buddies lap petting them"

My coworker and his friend were chasing javelina in the same area when they stumbled on these goats. They tried to move in closer to see if they could get a shot off at one of them. THEN, the goats came right to them like they wanted to be hand fed!!!

Thank you Mr. Game Warden for not calling me back and saying I was legal to kill these goats. I would have had to move across the country if I posted a hero picture on here with dead goats then the next day someone posted a picture of them petting the dang things.

• Like 4