Sign in to follow this  
jaycee85501

Help in 37b can't find any pigs...

Been going through the same thing. Most of the usual spots have little to no sign and no visible activities. Might have to go to the super secret locations I found on the intraweb. Hahaha jk. Most on here are willing to help but some are a bit finiky to put it nicely. I'd suggest going south in the unit more and going away from the usual spots.

This wind has made the little buggers stay in the draws....Glass into the wind and look in the draws and the mesquite flats. Glass slow, you will see them moving in the trees. I have found 5 herds in 3 days of hunting.... not bragging but all have been in the draws out of the wind...... yesterday I saw a herd on a large hill side, but again they where staying in the cuts and trees which I presume is to be out of the wind...

• Like 2

Stay away from the "popular" areas, Box Canyon area near the Gila, 96 Ranch Rd, Freeman Rd. Those places are nothing but a zoo of recreation riders & road hunters. The slopes around hwy 77 and farther South may be your best opportunities, seeing as your profile location shows you to be in the Globe area. Superior area has always produced pigs. Just gotta get out there and glass em up and watch out for private property.

• Like 1

After this rain is over, walk the washes and you should be able to cut very fresh tracks in the sand. Once you find some, find a high spot nearby and glass on the sunny slopes first thing in the morning. Try to get as much elevation as possible so that you can look down into the washes and thicker areas. Glass the area around where you found the tracks thoroughly, several times.

• Like 1

Wish I could help but I'm a terrible pig hunter. My boy has a youth tag in 37B in a few weeks. We are going to hit the youth camp south of Florence to get any help we can. Good luck, I hope you find some.

22 any spottings?

Me and a buddy had a good two day hunt in 22. Saw 4 herds and killed 2. Glad we got it done before the rain.