520HUNT

antelope bonus points

Antelope draw odds make me glad I'm a bowhunter. It's not easy to kill one with a bow but it's fun as heck.

• Like 2

You never know about the draw. I have applied for 25 years and have drawn 5 pronghorn permits. In that same time span my dad has drawn 3 tags. My daughter has drawn one permit in 16 applications and my son has yet to draw a tag in 19 years of applying. Good luck to all!

I drew first antelope tag after 2 or 3 years of first trying(Rifle) and 4 archery tags since... 7 and 19a on consecutive years, you never know.id trade them all for a sheep tag,well maybe not the 19a tag.

I use to beat myself up for days trying to figure out the best odds of drawing a tag and then put in for that particular unit. After seeing so many draw with little bonus points I now just put in for the unit I really want to hunt. Much easier on my health.

TJ

• Like 6

Antelope draw odds make me glad I'm a bowhunter. It's not easy to kill one with a bow but it's fun as heck.

guessing you havent you seen the latest archery draw odds?

I drew a rifle tag in 2010 and an archery tag in 2012. Sometimes its way better to be lucky than good!

• Like 1

Way better to be lucky... which I ain't

I shot a few antelope here when the odds weren't too bad. When that changed, I stopped applying in Arizona because I felt tags should go to those who have never hunted them. Now, whenever I feel the need to hunt antelope, I apply for Wyoming where the odds are much better.

Bill Quimby

• Like 3

Iv'e had 1 tag here in 30 years. 1 in Wyoming. Like Bill said in the above post if You feel the need just go to Wyo. Luckily they don't have big antlers which I like chasing , so they don't cost me any money like elk and deer do..............BOB!

I have had 0 tags in AZ. I got an archery antelope in WY when a buddy bought a truck in MT, and we flew up to pick it up. One of the incentives was an archery antelope hunt for two in WY. He got one, I got one.

• Like 1

Two archery 10 antelope tags in 8 years, so I guess maybe by the time I'm 40 I'll draw again...