Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Where were you this day, 1986?

Junior in high school during my pre-Calculus class. We were listening to the radio broadcast that was being played over the intercom system in each classroom.

Solemn day etched into our young minds forever.

Pre-calc in Jr High, I am impressed!

Feels like an eternity ago. I was working, and about a week away from my wedding to my first wife. I remember watching the playbacks of the space shuttle explosion, and the talk about the fuel tank seals. A lot of risk in space exploration.

Junior in high school during my pre-Calculus class. We were listening to the radio broadcast that was being played over the intercom system in each classroom.

Solemn day etched into our young minds forever.

Pre-calc in Jr High, I am impressed!
I wish!

No, I was a Junior in High School. :)

6th grade...missed the class watching it for some reason and asked another kid on the stairs how it was. All he said was "it blew up." Of course I thought he was kidding...still remember that like a punch in the gut.

well put

In school, senior in high school. Wrote my final on the whole thing. A+. I here the Sa is still being used by kids today. My legacy. Lol

Sophomore in HS. watched it live in class. Can't remember her name but, my teacher was the reserve "winner" to go up in the shuttle. Crazy.

Seems like my science teacher was the reserve as well. Did you go to Palo Verde?

4th grade we had all the 4 the graders together in the library for the launch. I remember very well, they let us watch for an hour or so before taking us out for an extended recess.

Sophomore in HS. watched it live in class. Can't remember her name but, my teacher was the reserve "winner" to go up in the shuttle. Crazy.

Seems like my science teacher was the reserve as well. Did you go to Palo Verde?
FWHS

Senior in High School in Physics class watching on TV our teacher brought in. Pre flight we were talking about the change in G-forces and how to calculate them and other physics related parts of rocket launch. Afterwards we weren't talking but sitting teary eyed in shock.

Senior year - English class with Fr. Rena. Watching on a TV rolled in on a cart. I think it was the only thing we ever watched in high school, unlike today.......most classes watch a video a week!

Five year old thread on this sad anniversary.

Makes me wonder where some of these members have gone. Hope they are well.

1 hour ago, desertmafia21 said:

Str8shot and Johnnie blaze to name a few

And Red Sparky, he owes me a Blake's Green Chili Lotta burger.

• Like 2
  • Love 3