firstcoueswas80

what are you guys doing?

what have you guys been doing to get ready for the hunt? i came down to tucson from flag at about 264... mommas good cookin got me up to about 273.... almost everyday since the results i have been running and watching what i have been eating and drinking ( i have had about 3 sodas in 3-4 weeks). i have been posting 1.1 miles everyday at between 7:21-7:41. Today i strapped on my back pack and ran with it 1.1 miles, and wouldnt ya know it i posted a 7:41 1.1 mile run!

my lungs are getting in good shape, i need to strenghten my legs! What are you guys doing to get ready?

I know Brian, Mike, Gino, and Jim are all doing 12 oz curls. (add my dad to that list)

Drinking Moutian Dew and eating all the sugar I can find does me pretty good. :P I know it will catch up to me some day but I hve been about 155 lb since I got out of high school so I'm taking advatage of it while I can. :D

Seriously though... sounds like your doing what you need to. For building strength in your legs look for some stairs or hills to climb. Try to get out in some coues country and hike.

well i load up a big truck 5 times a week with about 250 boxes weighing anywhere from 1 to 150 lbs. then i go out to about 130 different houses and deliver them. that keeps me pretty fit for hunting.

The answer to your question is "Not enough!"..... But, I do like the 12 curls. ;) :D

Hey those 12 oz curls do the trick! besides, its better to do them now than do to many after the days hunt!......... :P

You can do as may as ya want after we get back to camp withmy buck!

I actually cheated, just had a soda :X cherry crush was callin my name!

Hiking in the catalinas! Straight up, straight down, it's good for your legs Casey. Just drive up mt lemmon and find the steepest place you can (that doesn't require rock climbing gear) and start heading down (and then of course you have to go back up!). That's what I do! Works great!

If you don't want to do off trail work, you can hike the Butterfly Peak trail all the way down and if you get motivated you can take it all the way over to the Control road. Or just come back up, it's a workout.

Amanda

Amanda, that is exactly what i need to do! know a place where scottyboy took me quail hunting... could go hike that hill with a full pack!

Im likin runnin with my pack on.. that burned my legs more than just runnin did!

What am I doing?? Well, I'm in the gym 5 days a week, and run 3 miles on the same days.. That way when season rolls around, I'll have long since been ready. I do this mostly for my climbing habit though.. it just happens to benifit my hunting as well. As soon as it cools off, its back in the mountains again.

Put 25 lbs on since rotator cup surgery 4 months ago and decided enough was enough. :( Joined pure finess, 6 weeks for $19, and been walking 2 miles every day since the first of July. Them 12 oz curls are my down fall but really trying to leg up. ;)

THem 12oz curls have been my downfall all summer! It's soda though....Mountain Dew to be exact.......I love it! I quit drinkin' for about 3 weeks now but have had 4 sodas since I quit :ph34r: I've been tearin' up the elyptical (sp?) machine here at the house every day, but I usually just get in shape while scouting. I'm out there for several weeks straight before the season starts so by then I'm ready to go anyways ;) JIM>

I have been hiking alot on the weekends, but now I will start hitting north mountain at least three times a week with a full pack. I time myself each time and always try to beat it. I did this for my 2005 elk hunt and dropped 20 pounds in a month and a half. I also have a treadmill in the garage for the days I miss. David