Sign in to follow this  

El nino

Channel 10's Dave Munsey has had an easy career. He's from N. Dakota where all he had to do is say snowy and cold and Phoenix says sunny and hot...........BOB!

• Like 1

Here's how Flagstaff is doing this winter so far. Flagstaff has seen 12.61 inches of precipitation since September 1st, 2015 to now. By this time last year Flagstaff was at 10.02 inches of precipitation. The normal value is 10.29 inches for this current date. So that makes Flagstaff 2.32 inches of precipitation above average currently and 2.59 inches of precipitation above last year. So we're doing better than last year and still above average for precipitation.

For Flagstaff since September 1st Flagstaff has seen 71.7 inches of snow. The normal value for this current date is 58.6 inches. So Flagstaff is 13.1 inches of snow above average in snowfall. Last year Flagstaff had 29.7 inches of snow at this current date. So Flagstaff has had 42 inches more in snowfall this year than last year at this current time. So this year we're getting storms more in the form of snow than rain compared to last year. So I think that for at least the Flagstaff area it's doing pretty good, but I'm not sure about other specific areas of the state. I would take a tag this year over last year so far.

• Like 3

The way they were hyping this record breaking El Niño, you'd thought to summon up Noah and help us with an Ark!

Arizona is all about having a decent snowpack heading into Spring. Flagstaff's high will be near 60 all week. With these warm temps, what little snowpack we have will go bye-bye.

Who knows. Maybe March will come in like a lion and soak us pretty good. I remember about 10 years ago a storm in mid-March dumped over 4 feet of snow on the rim. So I guess we never know. There is hope!

Good grief, are you bored or what? Enjoy it.

I think you would bitch if you won the lottery.

Isn't there a wolf somewhere that needs a hug?

Mine always did.

I think it's funny that some actually believed the El Nino hype! :D ​ I've been trained/conditioned over the years to take an 'I'll believe it when I see it....' approach to what the weather forecasters say..... Hopeful, but always skeptical. ;)

S.

:)

• Like 1

Maybe we will get a buncha rain this spring. Sure dissapointed in the snow. It does look like it could be a green spring in the desert. Maybe enough to grow some quail. Then the wolf/dogs will eat the quail and they'll get fat. Mmmmm, I love eatin' fat wolf/dog. The skinny ones are stringy and stick in yer teeth. Lark

Is there much water in Eagle Creek?

Drove to honeymoon last week. Decent stream. But it generally always runs decent this time of year. No problem crossing it. There has been no snowpack to speak of for several years in this country. Hannagan had a couple feet earlier, but it's melted off a lot. Maybe there's enough that a guy can eat a fat wolf or two. Lark

• Like 1

In My next life I am gonna be a weatherman. They can allways be wrong and don't get fired. Hopefully We will have a wet spring............BOB!

Somewhat true in the civilian world but DOD meteorologists forecast the weather with the threat of Ft Leavenworth hanging over their heads if they goofed up and an aircraft went down or military assets were damaged.

Even the smallest error in a forecast would call for a review and the forecaster would have to go back and prepare a presentation as to why the conditions occurred that were not forecasted.

i agree .... they hyped up this el nino to the floods in the late 70's... Just more BS from our weathermen

Edge ,I agree with Ya. If I was a pilot I would allways check my own weather patterns too............BOB!

Edge ,I agree with Ya. If I was a pilot I would allways check my own weather patterns too............BOB!

Sure, 3000 hours of classroom study,1500 hours lab. 12 months ojt, additional courses in satellite, radar interpretation, long range model forecasting, rawinsonde and pibal launching and plotting, field observation, metar and conus work chart plotting...

Should be a breeze, buddy.

Honestly, every pilot should be a fair meteorologist, minimum.

Thats why I'm not a pilot. Back then I hated science, biology and school.............BOB!

I think what they forgot to factor in was global warming. El Niño moved north to Oregon because of global warming. Next time it comes around it'll be up in Alaska.

• Like 1

purty effen spotty

could use a couple dozen additional feet of snow up here

really? sunrise has a 64" base. i thought you guys might have been getting it pretty good.