Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Pack in scouting trip

Great stuff. Thats what lifes all about. You know how many Millions of Americans never get to do something like that trip. Most don't even Dream it. Thanks for the show...............BOB!

We mentioned the same thing as we traversed up a canyon in God's land. But, can lol now, 24 hours earlier had a fun little ride as my mount found a patch of quicksand. She's good at finding that and now tends to get a little flustered when sinking on land.
  • Like 1

Very very cool. Wife and i have always wanted to do a trip like that. Gotta get our horses into shape. Been workin on em a little more but no where near ready for that. How many miles in was the ride?

The miles really isn't the issue, even an unworked animal can walk 15 miles, the issue is elevation and footing. 3 miles of this was steep and as rocky as you can get.

My guess is about 8 miles one way.

Very very cool. Wife and i have always wanted to do a trip like that. Gotta get our horses into shape. Been workin on em a little more but no where near ready for that. How many miles in was the ride?

horizontally, several hours from The trailhead, but there was a 2,000' Cliff that had to be reckoned with. As our guest from MT stated, not a ride for the faint of heart.

Did a two-day, 36 mile ride the previous weekend on my mare and she did great, was ready for more. But hilly work will let you know what shape your horses are in.

As my GPS graph shows, it was a little steep.

Thanks to Mike for finding this alternative route in. The route I previously used involved a three tier granite Waterfall about 8' tall the animals had to climb up and over, lots of wrecks there. Coming back, most animals with a little pressure, opted to leap down the falls into the pool below. That spot sucked but keeps most folks away.

post-11051-0-69777400-1456069259_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Saw some ancient Muley drawings and white tail up top

Super awesome, what a cool way to spend a weekend!

Super awesome, what a cool way to spend a week!

Fixed it for ya.

Yeah come along some time

• Like 1

Looks like a great trip. How much beer can they pack in? If Tim gets that Clydesdale in riding shape I'm in! Gotta make sure to pack the dutch ovens.

• Like 1

Looks like a great trip. How much beer can they pack in? If Tim gets that Clydesdale in riding shape I'm in! Gotta make sure to pack the dutch ovens.

I was on the Clydiasdale. We took enough drink to enter the spirit world, had we chosen to. But we were opining the fact no one brought beer. ;(
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed this post. Not sure I could have stayed in the saddle. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

• Like 1